DVR-115D Firmware 1.18

Is this new firmware for the 115D? If so, has anyone given it a try?

http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html#firmware1

It’s new…and it hasn’t been posted in the “Post New Firmware” thread yet. I don’t think many people know about this, since it wasn’t posted until ultra-recently [release/posted on the Pioneer site the 23rd, & it’s still the 22nd on this side of the world for a few more hours].

I’m thinking a bunch of people will be happy to see this and get to testing. :wink:

[QUOTE=Albert;1984477]It’s new…and it hasn’t been posted in the “Post New Firmware” thread yet…I’m thinking a bunch of people will be happy to see this and get to testing. ;)[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know there was a new firmware thread. Sorry about that!

I have a 115D from Newegg. Which firmware is appropriate: DVR-115DXL or DVR-115D(BK,SV).

Thanks.

Modred

[QUOTE=Modred;1984481]I didn’t know there was a new firmware thread. Sorry about that!

I have a 115D from Newegg. Which firmware is appropriate: DVR-115DXL or DVR-115D(BK,SV).

Thanks.

Modred[/QUOTE]

DVR-115D(BK,SV).

I’ve been testing this all day, I will provide some scans if anything interesting shows up.

Testing here also. Looks like Jitter is a bit more uniform. Beta has likely improved a bit but I’ll have to look at that with the Plextor. So far my scans of PIE/PIF are comparable to 1.06 and 1.13 although 1.13 seems a bit better in this area but I’ll need to do more testing to come to a real conclusion.

Quick look at TY T02@12X.

[QUOTE=worker;1984526]DVR-115D(BK,SV).[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I installed that firmware without incident. I did a few burns and all appears well.

The following is the change history from the Pioneer site:

DVD-RAM Writability has improved
DVD-R DL Writability has improved.
+R DL Writability has improved.
Support New 16x DVD-R Media
( 18x writing: CMC, RITEC,Infosource,TMI,Videolar)
( 16x writing: MBI, Optodisc)
Support New 8x DVD-R DL Media
(8x writing:CMC)
(4x writing:PRINKO)
Support New 4x DVD-R DL Media
Support New 6x DVD-RW Media
( 6x writing:INFOMEDIA)
Support New 16x +R Media
(16x writing:Optodisc)
Support New 8x +R DL Media
(8x writing:CMC)
Support New 8x +RW Media
( 8x writing:RITEK )

WOW PRINKO DL media. I’ll bet that’s good :o

Thanks Pioneer!
I can’t wait till ala updates his MCSE so we can enable bitsetting with this f/w!

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;1984648]WOW PRINKO DL media. I’ll bet that’s good :o[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lol.
I had the same thought. :frowning:

MCC 03RG20 @ 20X

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

YUDEN000 T03 @ 20X

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

i dont see the download link on that page for DVR-115D Firmware 1.18 …yes im new here lol. hi all

@ bubba1234,

Welcome to the Forum.

The Pioneer DVD Burner Firmwares are available by reviewing the Pioneer DVD Burner Read First posting titled “Post new firmware and tool ANNOUNCEMENTS here” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/post-new-firmware-tool-announcements-here-210917) which is prominently posting at the very beginning of the Pioneer DVD Burner Forum.

Regards,
bjkg

CMC MAG AM3 @ 18X

Gee I know I like colourful diagrams but this is rediculous!

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

There seems to be some improvement on burning MBI Verbatim DL.
1st scan for 1.06 fw @4X
2nd scan for 1.18 fw@4X

Comparison for the 6X burns

But not too sure with the 8X burns