DVR-115 "Write To DVD-RAM?

Hello,

As I have conflicting info. on this; would appreciate hearing from someone with a DVR-115 tell me whether this drive (With its “official” firmware installed]:

1] "Write" to DVD-RAM???..

2] Are “BitSetting” issues resolved???..

3] Is “LabelFlash” enabled???.. OR, are these 3 features enabled by
“CrossFlashing” some alternate firmware(s)???..

Thanks Again,
             -Aeonian   :bigsmile:
  1. Yes.
  2. What bitsetting issue? The only bitsetting is on +R9.
  3. No.

aeonian,

I suggest you browse the Pioneer support sites and also use the SEARCH function in this forum to get the answers you seek.

I’ve never even heard of the DVR-115 - only the DVR-115[B]D[/B] and the DVR-[B]2[/B]15/215D. Have Pioneer announced a DVR-115 after the original press release? :confused:

EDIT:
The Pioneer DVR-115[B]D[/B] does not support writing to DVD-RAM with unmodified firmware and neither does the DVR-215D.

The DVR-215 supports writing to DVD-RAM; this is a SATA drive.

No sign of any DVR-115 on the Pioneer Europe site.

Yeah, true.

Most dealers still have not got the idea behind *D or non *D Pioneer burners. :confused:
They advertise the drives as eg. DVR-115 but want to sell DVR-115D instead. :bigsmile:
I could imagine DVR-115 burners are not intended for the european market (yet?).

I have seen DVR-115[B]D[/B] drives advertised as Black (115 DBK), Silver (115 DSV) and standard 115 D (beige), no other.
No 215* found here yet.

AFAIK, Pioneer never brought any “non-D” drive to North America, in OEM or Retail packaging. Demand for DVD-RAM just wasn’t there. It’s probably because the WORM discs are cheaply sold here, and it takes less time to burn data.

Greetings To All,

Thank-You for your helpful info.

As to the facts regarding the 115D…Neither Pioneer Europe nor USA has any info. on the 115D at this time; if anyone knows if there is as yet, a [U]complete[/U] set of [U]Firmware[/U] in order enable full functionality (Writting to DVD-RAM, Resolve BitSetting issues, and enabling LabelFlash) I’d certainly like to hear about it A.S.A.P…

As is obvious, I’m contemplating which DVD-RW drive to buy…Functionality and Reliability are most important…I’ve read available reviews posted here.

I must say, there is one regular responder here whose responses most often imply sarcasm, lack of diligence, and/or lack of intelligence; Knowledge Laced with Arrogance does [U]NOT[/U] a helpful recipe make…While a direct approach is to be respected; Nevertheless, I say, a change in this approach would ultimately increase the benefit of your advice to [B][U]EVERYONE[/U][/B] here at the forum…Please get your facts straight before casting some else in a negative light…

He (or She) who is new to something shall understandably tread lightly…perhaps, some food for thought.

Again, a sincere thanks to all… and a HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

-Aeonian   :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=aeonian;1968891]As to the facts regarding the 115D…Neither Pioneer Europe nor USA has any info. on the 115D at this time; if anyone knows if there is as yet, a [U]complete[/U] set of [U]Firmware[/U] in order enable full functionality (Writting to DVD-RAM, Resolve BitSetting issues, and enabling LabelFlash) I’d certainly like to hear about it A.S.A.P…[/QUOTE]

The US very often changes the name of drives, for example the 212/112 variant was sold as the DVR-1810/2810 for 18x -/R and 10x DVD-/+RW. These are retail kits which will write to DVD-RAM but will only bitset DL +R media, not single layer. The newer drives will be the same I am sure.

If you want bitsetting for single layer media you will have to find a supported model and go outside stock firmware for that sort of functionality.

[QUOTE=aeonian;1968891]Greetings To All,

Thank-You for your helpful info.

As to the facts regarding the 115D…[B]Neither Pioneer Europe nor USA has any info. on the 115D at this time;[/B] if anyone knows if there is as yet, a [U]complete[/U] set of [U]Firmware[/U] in order enable full functionality (Writting to DVD-RAM, Resolve BitSetting issues, and enabling LabelFlash) I’d certainly like to hear about it A.S.A.P…
-Aeonian :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

???
Since 19/11/2007 there:
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/press/news/dvr115215.html

I have [B]found[/B] all the information I need for the moment…Thanks to [B]searching[/B] [I][U]and[/U][/I] some of the more helpful people…MANY THANKS !!!..

_Aeonian

Actually at Asia market, there are DVR-115, DVR-115D, DVR-115XL, DVR-115DXL.

Usually, some market sell the 115 black version (with DVD-RAM) as DVR-115BK, and the non-DVD-RAM version as DVR-115DBK.

At China, the version that has DVD-RAM read/write support has a suffix of “CH”, eg. DVR-115CH.

As usual, a “D” in the name means there is no DVR-RAM support on the drive.

The XL version support 12X DVD-RAM, come with a better looking facelet, and more sponge inside the drive to keep it silent, so it’s more expensive (approx. more USD$3~4 than the normal one). The black one has the name of DVR-115BXL.

Same story for the previous DVR-112…

Summary:
CH = For China market
B = Black
D = No DVD-RAM
XL = Better Facelet + Silent

And one more, there is Pioneer DVR-112K in China market. It’s the drive made by Asus, and OEM by Pioneer (or the other way? I don’t know, I just read it). The DVR-112K support LightScribe and uses MediaTek chipset.

Pictures of DVR-115BXL (Black + Better Facelet + Silent)
Show up as DVR-115 in computer, with 12X DVD-RAM support, no screenshot yet.

[QUOTE=Skylon;1973457]Pictures of DVR-115BXL (Black + Better Facelet + Silent)
Show up as DVR-115 in computer, with 12X DVD-RAM support, no screenshot yet.[/QUOTE]Oh kewl a pack of cigs to go with installing it :bigsmile: Thanks for the pics.

XL version, nice!!! :bow:

[QUOTE=Bob;1973578]Oh kewl a pack of cigs to go with installing it :bigsmile: Thanks for the pics.[/QUOTE]

lol, nice catch :bigsmile: