DVR-112 OR DVR-112D...Before Purchase I Need To Know?

Greetings,

I am going to purchase either a Pioneer DVR-112 or DVR-112D (Yes,To acquire Dual-Layer capability)…

But before I do, there is one question for which I need a direct, definitive, answer; I am aware that the DVR-112D does support DVD-RAM “Read” but NOT DVD-RAM “Write”…Posts i’ve read here suggest that this may be a “Firmware” issue but alas, i’ve not been able to find a “Yes” or “No” answer…

Can the DVR-112D be upgraded by installing new, updated “Firmware” so that this drive will have BOTH DVD-RAM “Read” AND “Write” capabilities???..If “Yes”, What is this update(s)??? and Where do I find it???..If “No”, where can I find a DVR-112 or other equivalent alternative???..

Many Thanks,
               -Aeonian       :bow:

Yes, you can crossflash the 112D to 112, but you will lose your warranty.

Hello,

As this is new to me; What must I do to “Crossflash” the DVR-112D to the DVR-112???..What "Firmware"Do I Need to use???..

Better Yet, Where Do I Find a DVR-112???..As I Would Rather Not Lose Any Warranty that comes with the drive.

Many Thanks,
          -Aeonian

[QUOTE=aeonian;1965800]Hello,

As this is new to me; [B]What must I do[/B] to “Crossflash” the DVR-112D to the DVR-112???..What "Firmware"Do I Need to use???..

Better Yet, Where Do I Find a DVR-112???..As I Would Rather Not Lose Any Warranty that comes with the drive.

Many Thanks,
          -Aeonian[/QUOTE]

Use the SEARCH button, the easiest and fastest way to success.

[quote=aeonian;1965800]Hello,

As this is new to me; What must I do to “Crossflash” the DVR-112D to the DVR-112???..What "Firmware"Do I Need to use???..

Many Thanks,
          -Aeonian[/quote]

By The Way, I’m running a PowerMac G4, 800mhz Dual, Mac OS 10.3.9…How Do You “Crossflash” using a MAC???..

[quote=aeonian;1965838]By The Way, I’m running a PowerMac G4, 800mhz Dual, Mac OS 10.3.9…How Do You “Crossflash” using a MAC???..[/quote]I think many of the tools required can only be used in Windows. To save yourself the hassle, just search for a DVR-112. :wink:

[Also, know that firmware updates require Windows.]

I’d recommend crossflashing either one to a 112L (Buffalo firmware).

http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DVR112L

That firmware will void your warranty as well, but you’ll get DVD-RAM read/write, auto-bitsetting to DVD-ROM for both SL +R and DL +R, and LabelFlash.

Greetings,

Thanks for your reply…

I have searched for “how-To” information regarding “Crossflash” of a [U][B]Macintosh[/B][/U], (including cdfreaks.com) and alas, I’ve found [U][B]none[/B][/U] that relates to “Crossflash” a Mac???..

Would someone please tell me exactly Where and How I will find this info.???..

Also, if I “Crossflash” from either a DVR-112 or DVR-112D to a DVR-112L; Which Buffalo firmware shall I use???..8.06 INT???..

Many Thanks,
          -Aeonian   :bow:

Take the drive out of the Mac, install into a standard x86 pc and flash it.

For crossflashing to Buffalo, please use SEARCH.