Dvr-112 flash to 1.28

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-112D DVD/CD Writer Black. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have managed to flash my Apple OEM DVR-112D v AC08 to DVR-112 v1.24
My question is, how do I flash it to v1.28? I have tried several times and I am again getting the “Invalid Pioneer Firmware” message. I have also tried the kernel that worked for the 1.24 flash but it won’t work for 1.28! I realize the drive is not officially a pioneer drive because of the AC08 firmware, but I did get it to 1.24… I thought 1.28 would now be easy, but I was wrong!!

These are the files I’ve been working with so far…

A0013000.115
A0013001.124
A0813001.128
UPR12D.exe
DVRFlash

Thanks!!

To add clarification to my earlier post:
Originally the drive showed as a DVR-112D but now shows as a DVR-112.

Should I try to reflash it to get the D back? Does the D matter? It seems to work fine at 1.24, but I originally started out hoping to upgrade to 1.28 - I can’t get it to go any higher. This is an Apple OEM drive.

Thanks

pmars, welcome to the forums. You may not be getting the response you’re hoping for as you’re posting this in the wrong forum–yeah, that’s not obvious as this is the firmware forum, but the policy is to post questions in the vendor specific forum if there is one. That would leave the firmware forum for whatever stuff is leftover. If I’m not able to help you out, you might try over at: Asus/Pioneer

It sounds like what your problem is that you flashed a 112D (custom firmware) to a 112 (stock firmware) and now you’re trying to flash it to a 112D (newer stock firmware). Correct?

The first time, you did what’s called a ‘crossflash’ where you change the model of the drive. If you want to upgrade the firmware of your, now, 112 drive, you’ll need the v1.28 files for a 112. From the names of the files you have, you’ve got the stuff for v1.28 of the 112D. I can’t check the files you mentioned specifically–as I converted my 212D to a 212 (note the 2xx meaning SATA vs 1xx being PATA), so my files are named differently. But, that being said, I think your problem is in using UPR12D.exe instead of UPR12.exe (or similar).

I hope that helps you in the right direction. If not, come on over to the Asus/Pioneer forum and someone else will likely lead you to what you’re looking for.

Cheers!

Hi and Welcome![quote=pmars;2216260][qanda]I have managed to flash my Apple OEM DVR-112D v AC08 to DVR-112 v1.24[/quote]Nice! So you have DVD-RAM write capabilities as bonus :wink:

My question is, how do I flash it to v1.28?
Get the firmware for DVR-112/DVR-112BK (not DVR-112D!) from http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/support/support/software.html#fdvdwriter extract and flash. Should go straightforward.

I thought 1.28 would now be easy, but I was wrong!!
It is, but you seem to have used the wrong firmware. :slight_smile:

[quote=pmars;2217067]To add clarification to my earlier post:
Originally the drive showed as a DVR-112D but now shows as a DVR-112.

Should I try to reflash it to get the D back? Does the D matter?[/quote]Pioneer drives with “D” do not support DVD-RAM write:
112D = basic model
112 = 112D plus DVD-RAM write
112L = 112 plus Labelflash
All these drive share exactly the same hardware.

Michael