DVR-112 Dead or just Playing Possum?

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-112D DVD/CD Writer Black. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I was able to successfully flash this 112D to 112 and it worked for quite a while. Then yesterday my Mac would not fully start up. I immediately pulled the 112 and all was well. I put it back in and my machine took forever to boot. Once up and running I looked at the System Profiler and it showed the 112 but with no FW Revision. It was 0000. I ran DVRFlash and it says there is no drive. So did it die, is it confused or bricked? And if bricked, is there anything I can do to recover it? If confused or dead it’s getting tossed.

I just sent back two DVR-118L’s since they are Windows specific, as per Pioneer after I bought, installed and they failed. So I’m not too happy with Pioneer at the moment. And just when I ordered a ton of A/V gear and all my old gear is Pioneer. Oh well.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks . . .
. . . fb

Hi,

I’d try if a new IDE cable (must be the 80wired type) does help.

I just sent back two DVR-118L’s since they are Windows specific, as per Pioneer after I bought, installed and they failed.
Optical drives are [B][I]not [/I][/B]operating system specific.
It’s not impossible that CD/DVD writing software on Apple systems have a whitelist with supported drives (such has been abandoned on Windows systems many years ago).
The observation that two other drives did not work are a strong indication there is something wrong with your computer at all.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2445887]Hi,

I’d try if a new IDE cable (must be the 80wired type) does help.
Optical drives are [B][I]not [/I][/B]operating system specific.
It’s not impossible that CD/DVD writing software on Apple systems have a whitelist with supported drives (such has been abandoned on Windows systems many years ago).
The observation that two other drives did not work are a strong indication there is something wrong with your computer at all.

Michael[/QUOTE]
As I posted elsewhere:Then Pioneer Tech Support Lied to me. :a[INDENT][I]"Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.[/I]

[I]The drive was officially designed to work with current Microsoft Windows operating systems. Operation with any other operating system is not supported."[/I]

[/INDENT]My DVR-110 is working just fine in the same computer in the slot that the 112 was in. The 112 series had it’s problems. There was/is a recall on a certain batch of drives that failed, of which mine was showing the “some” of the same symptoms, but was outside the production date that they are replacing them for free.

[QUOTE=FarmerBob;2446023]As I posted elsewhere:[INDENT]Then Pioneer Tech Support Lied to me. :a[INDENT][I]"Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.[/I]

[I]The drive was officially designed to work with current Microsoft Windows operating systems. Operation with any other operating system is not supported."[/I][/quote]This is a translation problem.
It must read:
“Unfortunately we don’t have support personnel that is able to troubleshoot issues under other operating systems than Windows”

My DVR-110 is working just fine in the same computer in the slot that the 112 was in.
This should normally rule out issues with your motherboard.

Michael

If you got 0000 then the flash did not fully work.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2446178]This is a translation problem.
It must read:
“Unfortunately we don’t have support personnel that is able to troubleshoot issues under other operating systems than Windows”[/QUOTE]
Are you serious or just joking. It reads just as it does, without personal interpretation, no translation issues in play here. This was verbatim from U.S. Tech Support and is perfectly clear to me.

[QUOTE=FarmerBob;2448556]Are you serious or just joking.[/QUOTE]Well, the “translation” wording was from myself. Okay. Bad joke.
Here is quote from the FAQ for the DVR-112D from Pioneer USA website:

[B]4. Can other Operating Systems (UNIX®, Linux®, etc) control the drive too? [/B]
The drive is designed to work with MS Windows operating systems; however, some customers have successfully installed this model in PCs with UNIX or Linux Operating systems and with third-party software applications.
[I]Note: Pioneer does not provide technical support for third party drivers. Use the drivers at your own risk. Contact the driver provider for support. [/I]

I think, this makes things clearer.

Michael

Optical drives are MASS STORAGE DEVICES. They work with any operating system. There is no such thing as an OS-specific optical drive or hard drive. The mumbo jumbo that you get from tech support simply means that they are unwilling to provide support if you are using any operating system other than Windows. The reason for that is to reduce their costs. It has nothing to do with actual usability or compatibility. The english language is often twisted in such ways by corporations so as to avoid responsibility and confrontation. You will understand this when you become more experienced with computers and english.

Test it on another computer if you didn’t get it working yet. If the bios is still 0000 then you’re flash got messed up.

I know this is 2 weeks old but if you didn’t get it fixed by now myself I would try reflashing it

Normal reflashing with the STANDARD firmware will revert to a normal drive.