DVR-111D slow speeds

While burning with my Pioneer DVR-111D, it takes like ~45 minutes to burn a dvd.

I already searched on these forums for possible solutions, but without any result. :frowning:

My config:
WinXP
Asus P5W DH Deluxe(Transfer mode for the Pioneer in BIOS is on Auto)
DeepBurner 1.8

-The pioneer drive is connected with a blue connector, 80 pins IDE cable.
-The drive has been updated to firmware 1.29
-My 2 HD’s are connected using SATA cables. The pioneer is the only IDE device.
-The pioneer is set on Master.
-When burning, DeepBurner says its burning with 16x speed(22 160 Kb/s)

Nero InfoTool:

In my Device Manager, I have 2 primary IDE channels and 2 secondary ones. All 4 are on “DMA if available”.
The first primary IDE channel has Ultra DMA Mode 5 as its current transfer mode. The second primary IDE channel has Ultra DMA Mode 4.
Both Secondary IDE channels say “Not Applicable” at the Current Transfer Mode.

I already tried reinstalling the primary IDE channels by uninstalling them and restarting. I also tried to first set both primary’s to PIO Only, restart, set them to ‘DMA if available’ and restart again.

Burning an Imation DVD+R 16x 4.7GB dvd still takes ~45 minutes. :sad:

Any ideas where the problem might be?

@ jeroen84,

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you ensured that you don’t have Multi Tasking operations running in the background that could interfere with your Pioneer DVR-111D performance?

To ensure that background Multi Tasking operations are in fact curtailed check that unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only absolute necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Quite possibly one of these items could be causing your problem. Suggest when visiting the below referenced Web Link to also check out Paul “PacMan” Collins’ huge “Startup Applications” list (http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php).

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Regards,
bjkg

What I did now:

-Uninstalled the second Primary IDE Channel(The UDMA4 one) and reinstalled it again, because I wasnt 100% sure if I reinstalled both or just the first one earlier today.
-Disabled all Startup programs with msconfig and restarted.

Burning at 8% now with 16x speed. Time past: 4 minutes; Time untill completion: 43 minutes.

So it wasn’t one of the background operations regretfully.

Any other idea?

You might also download CloneDVD (free trial) from Slysoft and see if the problem is related to your software. You have already covered all the hardware solutions.

Thanks chas!

Had to look for a while thru my cd’s, but found my nero cd. Installed it, and burned a dvd in 5 minutes. :slight_smile:

Glad it worked out. Now that you know where we are check in once in a while.

Welcome to the forum.