DVR-109 Burning Problem

Thanks to anyone who reads this thread. I can definitely use the help!

I have a Pioneer DVR-109 Drive in a relatively new Sony Vaio desktop. I’m trying to burn a DVD with a video that I’ve put together using Sony’s “Click to DVD” software. Here’s my wierd (to me) issue:

When I insert a blank disc (CD or DVD) into my drive, and double click on the drive in My Computer, it says “D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function.” I’ve never noticed this problem before, because I’ve always used Sonic’s “Record Now” software to burn my CD’s and DVD’s and it works fine! “Click to DVD” from Sony won’t burn my DVD and I think it’s because Windows won’t recognize that I’ve inserted a blank DVD (I’ve tried -R and +R) disc… but “Record Now” will.

The drive plays audio CD’s and lets me view DVD’s just fine. Bottom line: How can I resolve my issues with Windows not recognizing or accessing my blank DVD’s? I have already used DVRupdate_v0.9 to update the firmware to version 1.58.

Thank you for your help!!
carleton10

What you’re experiencing is completely normal.

Windows , via Explorer, will not recognise a blank DVD & will always give the error message you get. Unless of course you have some packet writing software installed like Sonic’s DLA , Nero’s INCD or Roxio’s DragtoDisk.

I think it’s time to make this info STICKY in every optical subforum and the newbie forum too…

All of your help is greatly appreciated!!
Carleton10

Just use a proper burning app for blank dvd media…
M$ gives a damn about all their current OS users to inlcude recognize/burn support for dvd media.