Dvr-107 and ridata 8x discs with nero

vbimport

Nero only recognizes my dvr-107d as a 4x burner. What am I doing wrong?? I have upgraded to the 1.10 firmware. Nothing seems to help. When I select the drive, it says it is a 4x drive, and accordingly - it only lets me burn at 4x (or 2.4x). I want 8x damn it!! It’s driving me nuts…

If it makes any difference, I am using Nero 6.3.0.3. I’m not really interested in using hacked firmware. Is there a legit way to get 8X out of this thing, or did I waste my money?

The only way to get 8x without using hacked firmware is: Buy discs that the drive supports at 8x. For example Verbatim or HP 8x DVD+R.

Ridata 8x DVD+R = Ritek R03 = Not yet supported at 8x by the pioneer = will write at 4x only.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]The only way to get 8x without using hacked firmware is: Buy discs that the drive supports at 8x. For example Verbatim or HP 8x DVD+R.

Ridata 8x DVD+R = Ritek R03 = Not yet supported at 8x by the pioneer = will write at 4x only. [/B]

Thanks so much for the info. I was pullling my hair out. Too bad I spent extra on these “8x” discs. I guess I should have done some homework first.

Could somebody recommend a good online source for DVD+R or DVD-R disks that are supported by the dvr-107 at 8x? I found the verbatim at one place, but they were like $2.50 each.