DVR-104 sluggish dvd playback

Please help! I have a DVR-104, adobe premiere 6.0, windows xp pro, sonic mydvd 3.5.1. I have used this a lot. For an unkown reason, the dvd’s that I am burning have sluggish video playback and the audio is not quite synched.

My theory is, it is in Sonic or the dvd burner. I burned a sonic generated dvd that I had burned previously (without problems) and now it has the same issue as my latest project. So I am thinking it is not in premeire or the .avi that premiere produces for the dvd burn.

The only other thing I can remotely think it might be is the firmware. I am using Memorex 4x DVD - R’s. I bought these in December and I believe it had a note with it to update the firmware. Since december I have had to format my c drive and start over. Is this a possiblity?

Please help

I always burn my dvd-r/w/+r/w at half there full speed!!!
8x discs i burn at 4x.
4x discs i burn at 2x.
Unless you have a reason to burn QUICKLY try burning at half the discs rated speed!!!
I had the same problem as you UNTIL i dropped my burn speed by half of the discs rated speed!!!
IF I WANT A PERFECT COPY TRY 1X, EVEN BETTER AND THE BEST!!!

AS MY MOTTO GOES!!!
IVE TRIED THE REST, 1X SPEEDS THE BEST.

Thank you very much for the response. I will try the slower speed. The troubleing thing with this problem is - I have completed dozens of projects where i burned at auto speed (4 x) and never had a problem before. This one has sort of caught me by surprise.

Have you always used the same discs???
I have a dvr-107 (A07)and i bought a 25 pack of ultran dvd-r which i had always used before(same brand ,different type!!)
My A07 would spit them out with the old “POWER CALIBRATION ERROR”.
I updated my firmware(very easy just click on a downloaded program) and “bang” every disc burns perfect!!!

FOR THE LATEST DRIVERS GO HERE!!!http://www.pioneerusa.com/pna/article/0,,2076_4273_128163990,00.html

yes I have been using the same disks. I am about half way through a spindle of memorex 4x dvd-r’s. All of the other disks have worked fine. NO issue. I pulled up an old project that already had the .avi formed by adobe that preformed flawlessly before, burned it using Sonic and it now has the sluggish condition. I stepped out at lunch and bought another brand of dvd’s. Tonight I do plan on burning one at 1x and see what that does.

The other interesting note is - I do have another off brand dvd burner. The newest projects I have been working on - I burned on both dvd burners. Both burners produced the same sluggish problem. I have not tried my old file that worked flawlessly before. I may try that tongiht as well.