DVP5960/37 not playing DivX from multisession disk

i just got a Philips DVP5960/37 DVD player…this player will mainly be for playing DivX…everything is working great except when i create a multi session disk…it will only show what was recorded in the first session even though my PC will show everything…

i’m using Nero 6.x and Verbatim or Memorex DVD-R…

it’s a pain and will be a waste of disks if i can’t do multisession disks…i read somewhere that DVD-R has issues with playback of multisession where DVD+R might be better…i’ve only seen that stated once and not for a lack of trying i can’t find anything to support or deny this…

i just bought a pack of DVD+R and was going to do a test but can’t do it till later so i figured i’d see if anyone had any thoughts before i wasted more disks…

thanks in advance

Your information is partially correct - multisession works reliably only on DVD+RW.

Don’t make it a large or expensive pack of +Rs that you are going to try; it could well work, but it ain’t guaranteed :wink:

Edit: if the +R discs don’t work straight off, one thing you could try is to make the original multisession recordings on a +RW, then when it’s complete, do a bit-for-bit copy of the +RW onto a +R disc. That way the +VR structure will be preserved on the +R and once finalised, it may work better.

imkidd57…thanks for your reply…the +R’s didn’t work with multi-session…but the +RW’s did seem to work as you suggested…thanks again…