DVP3360 region code hack

[qanda]This thread is about the Philips DVP3360 HDMI 1080p DivX Ultra DVD-speler. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi all,

is there a region code hack for the Philips DVP3360 DVD player? I haven’t found one in the net…

thx
El Cattivo

1. Press the Setup button on your remote control 2. Using your remote control, highlight but do not select the Preferences menu 3. Press the 1 button on your remote control 4. Press the 3 button on your remote control 5. Press the 8 button on your remote control 6. Press the 9 button on your remote control 7. Press the 3 button on your remote control 8. Press the 1 button on your remote control 9. Using the Up and Down buttons on your remote control select 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or 0 for multi-region playback 10. Press the Enter button on your remote control 11. Press the Setup button on your remote control (This code also works for the DVP3380…and yes, it IS the same code for the old DVP3020…so you may well recognise it)

[QUOTE=slitheen;2289734]1. Press the Setup button on your remote control 2. Using your remote control, highlight but do not select the Preferences menu [/QUOTE]

My Preferences menu button is greyed out.
How can I access it?

[QUOTE=bemeski;2474102]My Preferences menu button is greyed out.
How can I access it?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you have to open the disc tray to access the Preferences section of the menu. Make sure you have no disc in, open the tray, press set-up, move to the preferences section so it is highlighted but don’t enter into it, then key in the code and reset your region to ‘Region 0’ - then press OK and set-up to leave the menu.

Hope that helps.

[QUOTE=slitheen;2474352]Sorry, you have to open the disc tray to access the Preferences section of the menu. Make sure you have no disc in, open the tray, press set-up, move to the preferences section so it is highlighted but don’t enter into it, then key in the code and reset your region to ‘Region 0’ - then press OK and set-up to leave the menu.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

YES, it does. Did it! Works like a charm! :clap:
Thanks so much!:smiley:

You’re welcome, glad I could help you. :slight_smile:

For other people, I see now that the way I wrote those instructions the first time is a little confusing…so I shall make them simpler:

Turn on the DVD player, make sure there is no disc in the drive, and open the disc tray.
Press ‘Set-Up’ on the remote control, and with the remote control’s direction buttons, move to the ‘Preferences’ section of the menu, so that it is highlighted, but do not enter into it.
Next, key in the following code: 1 3 8 9 3 1
This will/should bring up your current region setting on the screen (‘Region 2’, for example).
Using the up or down buttons of your remote, change this setting to your desired region, or choose ‘Region 0’ for complete region free.
Press OK, then ‘Set-up’ to leave the menu.
Your player is now region free.

Please note that this will also work with all the current line of Philips DVD players, and many others stretching back a couple of years or so. I have used it personally with DVP3360, DVP3380, DVP3980 and DVP5990…but I suspect it works with a lot more than that. It certainly won’t hurt to try it. Good luck.

[QUOTE=slitheen;2474767]You’re welcome, glad I could help you. :slight_smile:

For other people, I see now that the way I wrote those instructions the first time is a little confusing…so I shall make them simpler:

Turn on the DVD player, make sure there is no disc in the drive, and open the disc tray.
Press ‘Set-Up’ on the remote control, and with the remote control’s direction buttons, move to the ‘Preferences’ section of the menu, so that it is highlighted, but do not enter into it.
Next, key in the following code: 1 3 8 9 3 1
This will/should bring up your current region setting on the screen (‘Region 2’, for example).
Using the up or down buttons of your remote, change this setting to your desired region, or choose ‘Region 0’ for complete region free.
Press OK, then ‘Set-up’ to leave the menu.
Your player is now region free.

Please note that this will also work with all the current line of Philips DVD players, and many others stretching back a couple of years or so. I have used it personally with DVP3360, DVP3380, DVP3980 and DVP5990…but I suspect it works with a lot more than that. It certainly won’t hurt to try it. Good luck.[/QUOTE]
Hi All, I just purchased a Philips DVP3360 from Comet but the code on the net (138931) didnt work.
If you have the same problem, try this. … WITH THE TRAY OPEN (I don’t know if that is necessary, but just what I did) PUNCH IN 9, 8, 7, 9 FOLLOWED BY THE DESIRED REGION CODE (“0” FOR ALL REGIONS). (ie 98790)
PRESS OK.
THAT’S IT
I did this after I noticed that in the set up menu of my player it didnt say 3360, it said 3310 even though it said 3360 on the box !!! … Happy Hacking.

Code 138931 worked perfectly with open try. I could select the code I wanted BUT when I want to watch a DVD it prompts me for a password?

Any ideas?

Am I doing something wrong?

In the preferences / version menu what region does it say

I changed it from region 2 to 0. It looks like every change needs to be confirmed by a password. The password prompt shows only once, I have put in the dvd. I cant even change the region code back without a password.

Hmmmm… Let me do some digging around for you

Thank you, very much appreciated. It is a 6 digit pw, I tried some of the once I could find. None of them worked.

Ahem…just bought a DVP3360…great, but there is no system menu touch so I can’t enter the code, what can I do ??? :frowning: