DVI or HDMI

vbimport

Hello,

I am currently running my monitor with DVI form my 560ti’s My monitor has HDMI input. Would HDMI give me better picture quality?

Thanks

No. The same.

BOTH DVI and HDMI are “Digital” video connection standards

The advantage of HDMI is that in addition to the video signal it can also carry audio and remote control signals.

… not that either of those things are particular advantages on computer monitors.

Even on a computer monitor that has built in speakers those speakers generally suck.

My “newish” HDMI monitor has built in speakers.
How do they sound? I frankly have no idea, because while my monitor is HDMI, neither my computer or video card has an HDMI jack, so I’m connected with an HDMI-to-DVI cable.

No need for the built in speakers anyway as it probably wouldn’t add anything to my 275watt 7.1 Altec-Lansing sound system, so I simply never bothered connecting them

Yup, they are the same unless you have an early release HDMI monitor (ie 2006).

better stick with you´re DVI cable :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mrloren;2620602]Hello,

I am currently running my monitor with DVI form my 560ti’s My monitor has HDMI input. Would HDMI give me better picture quality?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I myself would perferr DVI but since I don’t know what monitor or LCD your running DVI would still be the better way to go. But as anything not knowing what monitor or LCD your using would help other know what your talking about.