DVF Not Working msg upon opening. OS: Vista Ulltimate

I have used DVDFan Plastinum on and off for years…I love it…BUT… Since Vista every now and then it just won’t work. Currently when i launch it i immediately get a system message saying it stopped working and was closed. Vista/MS problem does not offer any help. Can you? I have uninstalled and reinastalled several times.:sad:

I don’t have Vista, but those that do will need more information to be able to help you. Such as which version of Vista, OS/PC settings etc. Many users are running DVDFab on Vista 32 and 64 without problems. Probably a local setting on your machine.

Vista Ulimate 32 bit om ASUS notebook Pro31F 4g Ram 320HDD Dual cre 1.86GHz

I tried uninstal and reinstalling with admin rights and on the D drive (partitioned) no different!!

Hi another_phoenix

Try right clicking on the DVDFab icon on the desktop and select “Properties” and on the “Compatibility” tab at the very bottom under “Privilege Level” put a check mark in the box next to "Run this program as a administrator"
to see if that helps.

[B][B]Hi StormJumper!
You are FABulous.
You were right - although I am the only user and the administrator and installed it as administrator, when I right clicked the icon and checked the open as admin box properties the program started without a hitch!
Thank you
[/B][/B]

[QUOTE=another_phoenix;2241308][B][B]Hi StormJumper!
You are FABulous.
You were right - although I am the only user and the administrator and installed it as administrator, when I right clicked the icon and checked the open as admin box properties the program started without a hitch!
Thank you
[/B][/B][/QUOTE]

You are very welcome my friend :wink:
this issue is related to the Home Premium version of Vista and you are running the Vista Ulimate so you should not have this issue at all, you may want to check a few settings within your security policies :eek: