DVDwrite 09 Error Pioneer 105 1.33 Firmware also my first test result

Dont know what the error is i get it after ripping dvd to hdd with dvd decrypter in file mode then i start up clonedvd and select the VTS file as soon as i select i get the error.

i think i figure out what it was though i placed a blank in the dvdr drive and now i get no error :confused:

also my first test was SwordFish

i did a compare test with DVD2ONE V1.20 Vr CloneDVD

with clonedvd there was a lot of blocks on the peoples faces and stuff.

with dvd2one variable method the quality was awsome.

i still think there is a lot of work to be done with clonedvd
at the moment its a great first release to the public community.

:o

just wondering if Olli will tell me what a DVDWrite 09 Error is ?

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
just wondering if Olli will tell me what a DVDWrite 09 Error is ?

It means, that ElbyCDIO (our hardware access layer, used by RegionKiller and CloneCD) did not initialise properly.
This is usually caused by manual deletion of elby products without using the uninstaller.

This can usually be solved by:

1.) Uninstalling CloneDVD
2.) REBOOT.
3.) Installing CloneDVD
4.) REBOOT.

ahh i see thx glad its not a dvdr problem LOL :smiley:

I have recently been getting this error. Reinstalling the program does fix the problem, however once i burn a handful of DVDs or so the error comes up again, and i need to reinstall the program…again. The error has always occured WHILE i’m burning a DVD. It also never happens in the same place. Other programs i have running that possibly could mess up the drivers are the latest version of ANYdvd, as well as DVD Region-Free. To rip DVDs i actually use DVDDecrypter. Any help would be greatly appreciated! -Kris

>dvd decrypter in file mode

Advice from the author is to rip in IFO Mode

@ktracy
>ANYdvd, as well as DVD Region-Free

You should read this

Originally posted by ktracy
I have recently been getting this error. Reinstalling the program does fix the problem, however once i burn a handful of DVDs or so the error comes up again, and i need to reinstall the program…again. The error has always occured WHILE i’m burning a DVD. It also never happens in the same place. Other programs i have running that possibly could mess up the drivers are the latest version of ANYdvd, as well as DVD Region-Free. To rip DVDs i actually use DVDDecrypter. Any help would be greatly appreciated! -Kris

Unlikely, this error wouldn’t allow you writing at all, because initialising failed.
You probably get an error while writing caused by a bad media. Further, I suggest to use the newest version of CloneDVD and and AnyDVD.
Careful, both programs are updated pretty frequently.

The media i’ve been using is longten 001, which i’ve heard sucks, but the media has worked many times, so i don’t understand why it wouldn’t work everytime. Yeah they’re cheap DVDs but would this be the problem? I’m also burning them on a Sony DRX-500UL. I also updated the firmware from the site last night.

One more thing, after updating the firmware, and reinstalling Clone DVD, the first DVD i burned came out with problems. At 98% the WriteDVD 9 error came up.

Buy good media. Reinstalling CloneDVD won’t help you at all. Garbage in - garbage out.

OK, I’ve been burning for a long time now, and I started burning DVD’s with DVDx 1.0 and Decryptor. I actually had more luck with those old programs(even though it took 39 hours :p). I recently started burning again, but I still have the same Pioneer A03. I DID go to their website and download the newest firmware. It was a pleasant surprise to see Elby puttin out again! I am trying CloneDVD. I installed the newest versions of CDVD and AnyDVD and AnyDVD seems to work fine. I have all features turned on (region etc). CloneDVD processes the files fine, but when trying to write I get WriteDVD error 9 at 0%. I tried 4 discs, all same result. I came to forums, and decided to guy and buy some name brand media. I came home with a 100 pack of Memorex DVD-R. I tried again…same problem, same place. :frowning: I tried DVD2ONE and Copy2DVD, they give me some crap error, and offer no solutions. I hate crap. Olli, help me man! Is it even possible to use the Pioneer A03? I mean, I don’t want to upgrade to the 510A unless I have to. I’m using an old version of Windows XP, and probably have the adaptec ASPI drivers. Is this a possible problem here? I’ll look for an ASPI alternative tonight, just in case.

l3asturd, Download a new firmware and se if it helps…

Go here! http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/index.html

Works perfect here. have a Pioneer A05 with a 1.33 firmware. But offcourse I’m running the 2x4all patch with RPC1 patch. =)

/Dyzan

I was getting these error messages every time I used a DVD-R with CloneCD, however having had a brainwave and thinking that win98 cant handle a file any bigger than 4Gig, I decided to try burning the DVD on Win XP - guess what, it worked and has done every time now with no errors what so ever.

I dont know if this cures your problem, but it certainly cured mine and stopped the mass production of coesters that I was making - he he

I used DVD Shrink 3.1 and then CloneDVD2 with a variaty of mirror platinum and Riteck DVD’s