DVDSpeed reports that my new 203N are SW-S183N?

Hi
Just got my Sammy 203N.
But when i do a test that are burned with it DVDSpeed report that it is SW-S183N, help?

[quote=VillKusseSladden;1918017]Hi
Just got my Sammy 203N.
But when i do a test that are burned with it DVDSpeed report that it is SW-S183N, help?[/quote]
Are you using dash media, this has also happened to me with my SH203B, use + media and see if the same thing happens.:confused:

It also happened with me but only when I burnt -R media with imgburn

Using cd/dvd speed burn iso feature shows normal SH-S203B with both +R and -R

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1918026]It also happened with me but only when I burnt -R media with imgburn
[/QUOTE]

Yes thats my combo.

Same thing happens here also, it is nothing to worry about CDSpeed just doesn’t
report the correct drive after using Imageburn or some other program to burn with
there is nothing wrong with your drive or anything like that. :disagree:

Nope, nothing at all.

Some call it intentional, others call it Samsung being lazy, still others call it a mistake. But it happens whenever burning DVD-R. That’s the drive’s ID to let you know that it burned the disc…however off that ID may be.

If you were to ever to use CD-DVD speed to burn a disc and then scan it, it would show the proper name. Other apps–like ImgBurn–would likely still show 183N, though.

[QUOTE=wallace0134;1918083]Nope, nothing at all.

Some call it intentional, others call it Samsung being lazy, still others call it a mistake. But it happens whenever burning DVD-R. That’s the drive’s ID to let you know that it burned the disc…however off that ID may be.

If you were to ever to use CD-DVD speed to burn a disc and then scan it, it would show the proper name. Other apps–like ImgBurn–would likely still show 183N, though.[/QUOTE]

The first thought that crossed my mind was :

There is nothing to worry about , this is Imgburn’s fault :bigsmile:

Hi :slight_smile:
There’s no problem here. In terms of something going wrong, or not as it should be.
There’s a string in the f/w that refers to an earlier model.
This shows when using - media.
But is dependent on the s/w used, type of file etc.
N.B. This is not really a fault of the s/w. It is reporting what’s there.
As already mentioned whether this is an oversight etc. Is almost irrelevant. As no performance degradaution is present.

[QUOTE=zebadee;1918093]
There’s a string in the f/w that refers to an earlier model.[/QUOTE]Not an earlier model.:wink:

Samsung sells TS-Hxxx drives in several markets (parts of Asia and OEM)
Names:
TS-H653A = SH-S183A
TS-H653B = SH-S203B (= 183B)

Same applies to the Lightscribe versions.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;1918136]Not an earlier model.:wink:

Samsung sells TS-Hxxx drives in several markets (parts of Asia and OEM)
Names:
TS-H653A = SH-S183A
TS-H653B = SH-S203B (= 183B)

Same applies to the Lightscribe versions.

Michael[/QUOTE]

I just receive a new Dell computer in my job and it comes with a TS-H653A. I notice that this drive don’t support DVD-RAM.

TS-H653A = SH-S183A - DVD-RAM ?

Or are any other differences ?

Hi,[QUOTE=zhadoom;1925712]
TS-H653A = SH-S183A - DVD-RAM ?[/QUOTE]Seems so: http://www.samsungodd.com/images/list_eng.jpg
And even DVD-RAM might only be disabled by firmware.

[QUOTE=mciahel;1925789]Hi,Seems so: http://www.samsungodd.com/images/list_eng.jpg
And even DVD-RAM might only be disabled by firmware.[/QUOTE]

Ok.

Also happens with me in Nero CD-DVDSpeed…Shows correct drive in top but shows other non existant drive lower down.
I Hate things like that!!

Hi,[QUOTE=MrScary;1926190]Also happens with me in Nero CD-DVDSpeed…Shows correct drive in top but shows other non existant drive lower down.
I Hate things like that!![/QUOTE]Sounds confusing. Can you please post a screenshot?

Michael