DVDSmith

vbimport

Has anybody heard of DVDSmith? It is supposed to be a freeware and “supposedly” can remove all protection scheme effectively.

Any advice or opinion?

[quote=delerue;2101719]Has anybody heard of DVDSmith? It is supposed to be a freeware and “supposedly” can remove all protection scheme effectively.

Any advice or opinion?[/quote]
the website for dvdsmith says it removes all copy protection but the only way to find out is try. But it does not shrink to fit a dvd5 disc and it does not burn to disc. So I think you should just get and use the free dvdfab hd decryptor as it removes all copy protection. But you still need dvdshrink to compress and ImgBurn to burn to disc.

Howdy,

I recently got DVDSmith because my stand alone DVD burner (liteon 5005) finally gave up the ghost and I can not find a replacement drive. I had just upgraded my computer from a PII to a AMD X2 (XP Media Ctr/sp2) with the Optiarc AD7200A drive so I figured I would use the PC to replace the Liteon.

Being absolutly broke and otherwise on a very small fixed income, I went looking for free software.
DVDSmith worked really well for me. I did a test with 2 differant movie discs. The first turned out to be a 7.4Gb file and I did not have any DL disks so I move to the second disc and proceded to copy it. The only “problem” is that the final message says it fails for some unknown reason. “Crap”, I said. But when I looked at the files everything seemed to be there and it was a 3.8Gb file. So I opened Nero 6 (with the DVD-video plugin) and burned the saved files.

Worked like a charm!!! I am still testing but the only problem seems to be a very slight degrading of the video resolution. But that might just be my poor eyesight :slight_smile:

Hope this is helpful

I have searched the Internet for DVD software to rip DVD ‘The Dark Knight’ . Many software I tried cannot copy it but DVD Smith freeware did. I copy several other DVD movies to my computer with DVD Smith, and DVD Smith works well with all of them.

I recommended you to have a try:)