DVDShrink

vbimport

I’ve this question. Sorry, my question are a little strange, but I’m rather expert and I’m rather able to solve the simpler problems.

I never managed to load a DVD created using DVDShrink. That means, they work perfectly in my DVD player, but if I insert them in the DVD unit of my PC it begins to ‘try’ to load it without doing anything (I hear the DVD-unit ‘rolling’ with no avail).

I even tried to use SmatrRipper, vStrip (sorry I haven’t still tested DVD decrypter) but, again, no avail.

Is this a problem of my DVD unit or the DVDs create by DVDShrink are so strange that a DVD unit of a PC cannot read them (or, maybe, I didn’t wait enough for SmartRipper etc. to rip it?).

sounds more like doddgy media, what brand are you using? & what burner?

No, I have TDK DVDs (rather good brand), they work flawlessy in my DVD player (apart that only one audio stream is present) and 100% of those DVDs cannot be even open by my DVD unit.
Isn’t this strange?

I never managed to load a DVD created using DVDShrink. That means, they work perfectly in my DVD player, but if I insert them in the DVD unit of my PC it begins to ‘try’ to load it without doing anything (I hear the DVD-unit ‘rolling’ with no avail).

are you saying it’s not reading? so are you saying if you click on the drive icon in “my computer”, doesn’t work?

I have a question for you. I’m guessing you have a DVD burner, so this is the question, which drive are you using to read it? If you a DVD rom and are trying to read it and it cannot read it, why not use the burner to read it?

And one final thing,

No, I have TDK DVDs (rather good brand)

You cannot base this on the fact that it works properly on your dvd player, and therefore classify them as “good quality”. Your dvd player may be able to read it because it isn’t a picky player, but doesn’t mean another player may be able to read it. I’m not sure if you know, but discs these days are made by so many manufactures, some TDK’s are made by ritek also.

To be certain if the quality is “good”, you need to do quality scans either using nero’s cd/dvd speed (i think that’s what it’s called) or if you have a liteon burner, use kprobe. This way u can be sure if you are using quality media. Have a look in the media forum, you may get better answers…but anyway hope this helps.

It probably isn’t relevant but I’ve just had a similar experience, although I suspect for an entirely different reason.
One of my DVD writers is a NEC 1100A , which is +R only. I’ve used a modified firmware which makes it a dual writer (+R/-R). Last night I burnt a -R disc which played fine in my Pioneer standalone player, BUT , none of my DVD writers or DVD-ROMs could read it.
This gives some support to what vdk_au just posted.

Sorry, I cannot answer. I have a DVD-ROM unit in my work, and for some idiotic reason only the DVD-reading capability is allowed, but the burning one is not. Therefore burner = reader, but the burning capability has been disabled from it.
The ‘not reading’ is that, once inserted, the DVD ‘rolls’ without showing anything. I have to eject it from my PC to stop this ‘rolling and rolling’ and going back to use my PC.
I called TDK ‘good’ because I trust that brand, I mean, I only observed they make good quality media (good performance once tested on both audio and DVD players) since, fas I said, no testing with my PC is allowed.