DvdShrink Problem

vbimport

I am getting an error message when trying to utilize DvdShrink : Out of memory, not enough storage to process this command. Need some help. T.I.A.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2765395]I am getting an error message when trying to utilize DvdShrink : Out of memory, not enough storage to process this command. Need some help. T.I.A.[/QUOTE]
That such a old out dated program it doesn’t work on new protection anymore. You will need the likes of Slysoft or DVDFab to get the job done. These are two very trust and well known program but they do come at a price. But worth the price they ask for them.

Check the space on your HD.

Are you trying to use an external hard drive? The slower input/output causes problems.

As I’ve heard it explained, Shrink works in memory and puts its output in a buffer to be sent to the hard drive. Modern cpu’s work much faster than when Shrink was written, so it is possible to overload the buffer. Pausing Shrink for a few seconds should allow the information to be sent to the hard drive without exhausting available memory, but you will probably have to do this more than once.

I have some 2Tb external hard drives and Shrink works fine with them. But Shrink will not work with a 3Tb external HDD. The program is so old that 3Tb just over whelms it I guess. This is on Win 7 system.

I wonder if the problems with 3tb drives and larger is due to the data block change? Going from 512 bytes to 4k.

Its a wonder Shrink is still working at all, after so many changes in operating systems and hardware. Very nearly twelve years since it was last updated.

Yes it is. I like it because I don’t want to dig out the purchased DVDs as I go through them and make new copies on better media than I used many years ago. If I run them through Shrink I know that they are still readable. Just doing a copy/paste of the Video_TS file doesn’t let you know if all was good. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Kerry.

I have both. Just like Shrink because it is easy to store all my movie iso’s on a hard drive for future use.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2766466]I have both. Just like Shrink because it is easy to store all my movie iso’s on a hard drive for future use.[/QUOTE]
I think Shrink is too old to handle the new protection to work on making ISO and Shrink can’t break CSS encryption so since we don’t know what other software your using that allows shrink that also makes it hard to figure out the problem.

Shrink can’t break CSS encryption

Only true if you use the German version.

I use AnyDvd for encryption, Shrink for the .iso., Imgburn for the burn. Sometimes I use Anydvd and DVDRebuilder together with Imgburn

You can also still get a copy of DVDFab 8.2.3.0 off of their website for free and this can decrypt and make an .iso file.

Also, I prefer BDRB for burning files to disc or shrinking an .iso. It does a much better job imo than some others and it’s free.