DVDshrink flopped- what can I use to transcode a 9GB DVD on HDD

vbimport

Unfortunately, the DVD I created was slightly larger than a DVD-9, and DVDshrink 3.2 flopped completely. I there anything out there that will transcode a larger DVD VOB set on disk? I have lost the original .MPG so nothing to prone it sdown further. PS. what can I shrink a large >MPG with anyway?

I do not know what you mean by flopped but if you mean it did not shink it enough I think you can run it through again with shrink and it will shrink the movie again. DVDshrink is old and I have not used it for a while. You can also try downloading clonedvd and try it.

Sorry - ‘flopped’ - refused to read the 9th VOB file, error message, then exited. Will Clone compress a VOB DVD set on HDD?

Try running the files through VobBlanker or FixVTS and then open in Shrink.

Or for that much compression try DVD Rebuilder. It re-encodes so it will be slower, but the results will likely be much better. As to shrinking the MPG before authoring I believe ReJig can handle that.

Use this,
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/VOBMerge
Then open the one VOB with FAVC, or DVDFlick, and choose DVD-9 or DVD-5 output…Try it!..
BTW,I second olyteddy’s recommending of DVDRB…:iagree:

Thanks guys, I’ll start working throught these.
I tried CloneDVD, and it looks really good, but it then bombed out in the 9th VOB giving some reference/index.

I may have to suspect DVD-Lab (Pro 1.00) as having created a damaged DVD (it has never failed before for ones smaller than 8GB).

So next step is to try a VOB repair… thanks in advance.

Thanks guys, I’ll start working through these.

I tried CloneDVD, and it looks really good, but it then bombed out in the 9th VOB giving some reference/index.

I may have to suspect DVD-Lab (Pro 1.00) as having created a damaged DVD (it has never failed before for ones smaller than 8GB) - since both DVDshrink & CloneDVD now point to the 9th VOB.

So next step is to try a VOB repair… thanks in advance.

Success. FixVTS twice, then … DVDshrink still failed, but CloneDVD worked and shrunk the file. Quality not good, so I’ll go back to try recovering the MPG (VOB2MPG?) and edit some more…

thanks.