DVDScan works with the DW1800/1810/2000/2010

I’m not sure how many people realised that the latest BenQ drives work with DVDScan, so I thought I’d start this thread.

I’d still recomment Nero CD/DVD Speed for PIE/PIF and jitter scanning but DVDScan provides Pit/Land (during Jitter scan), Beta and TE/FE scanning.

The average jitter result with DVDScan seems to be about 2% higher than Nero CD/DVD Speed, for some reason. I have to believe that Erik has modelled this to other drives he has that report jitter, but it’s interesting to see the difference.

Download: DVDScan v0.04 beta

I knew & tested it when I knew my DW1800 is actually a Lite-ON LH-18A1P :slight_smile:
I am just wondering how accurate is the TE/FE scan compare to a real BenQ drives (with Nexperia chipset).

Anyway, I suggested to a BenQ staff so that QScan would be added & supported for the DW1680/1800/2000 (and so on for the LPBDS burner) since these drives could do TE/FE scans too. He told me he will contact the BenQ firmware development team for this and let me know when he got an answer. :smiley:

Yes, back last November with your flasher version of ZB34 crossflashing my LH18A1P to DW1800. My post then:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1606602&postcount=124

quote COdeKing,

The average jitter result with DVDScan seems to be about 2% higher than Nero CD/DVD Speed, for some reason. I have to believe that Erik has modelled this to other drives he has that report jitter, but it’s interesting to see the difference.

I have found after LOTS of jitter testing with DVDScan that [B]Speed 4[/B] test results(avg.) can be anywhere from 2.0% - 3.5% higher than CDS’s 4X avg. jitter report.
The [B]Speed 2[/B] jitter test result can be anywhere from 1.4% -2.4% higher than the CDS 2X avg. jitter report.
The shape and trends of the two software’s jitter curves are VERY similar at Speed 2(2X). However, the 4X and higher jitter curves in CDS often have a small jump at about the halfway point of the test for some reason? This jump does not occur at the slower test speeds. The Speed 2 jitter test with DVDScan takes very little time(slightly more than Speed 4.)
What is apparent is that the two softwares are not displaying the jitter data in exactly the same manner, for whatever reason.