DVDs Wont play in player

recently, burned DVD’s wont work in my DVD player. They have before no problem.
Either they play and “skip” with no scratches, OR they just don’t load at all…
please help!:bow:

Have you checked for errors or bad cells [B]before burning[/B]?
What media are you using?
What burning engine are you using?
What speed are you burning at?
You really need to provide as much information as possible.

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2214575]Have you checked for errors or bad cells [B]before burning[/B]?
What media are you using?
What speed are you burning at?
You really need to provide as much information as possible.[/QUOTE]

No errors or anything, same as always.
I’m using also the same stuff as before… Nexxtech DVD’s 8x RW DVDs
and I have a Dell XPS 710 - so whatever comes with that is my burner - its a Sony I know that much.

Its set for burning at “recommendable”

DVDfab Gold

Are you using the VSO burning engine or are you using ImgBurn?

NEVER select “recommended” as the burn speed. For your drive and media, select 8X maximum, and try 4X if that does not help. Also, see this: http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/BurningProblems from the DVDFab tutorial. You may need to install the free ImgBurn burning engine and try that as well.

yeah i’m using VSO - i tried imgburn before and it didn’t work right for some reason… ill try it on the 8x and 4x and see if that works…

Are you using Full Disc or Clone?

I have found that discs I have quite happily backed up on earlier versions (v5.1.?.?) using Full Disc no longer work when copied with v5.2.2.2 or v5.2.3.2.

However I have found that the Clone option works everytime. As an experiment I copied Red Dwarf Series 1 Bonus Disc (as its a single layer) onto a rewriteable. The Full Disc did not work (tried it on 3 different DVD players - keep getting unrecognised or incompatible disc) however the Clone option works fine (on all 3 players).

Examining the Original and Full Disc showed that the VOB’s on the Full Disc were larger than the original DVD and one VOB was missing entirely. The size of the VOBs on the Clone matched that of the original.

I have tried mailing tech support (even zipping up the IFO’s from the original, Full Disc and Clone and providing a directory listing detailing the file sizes of the VOBs) however I am not having much luck.