Dvd's wont burn properly with dvd shrink

I have recently got a new laptop computer, my old laptop could burn dvd’s no problem. I’d open disc with dvd shrink 3.1 and copy it to disc using dvd shrink by selecting Backup!then selecting the disc drive as the target folder. On my new laptop it doesnt show up any disc drive as a target. I would like it if I could burn the dvd by just using dvd shrink, if possible, as it was the easiest way. I’ve tried to back up the disc as an iso file and then use nero 8 to burn it. In nero i select ‘rip and burn’ then click on ‘image, project, copy’ then select ‘disc image or saved project’. a box opens telling me to open a file. I click the iso file, then it takes me to the final stage where it has- Current recorder: Image recorder, Disc Type: DVD, Image file: Ghost_town.iso. I put in a blank DVD, then I click ‘Burn’ and it shows the files being written to the disc. But when nero says it has finished burning disc, it doesn’t work in any of the dvd players and shows it as a blank disc. Please help, I’m struggling and I’m running in circles. The programs I have are- nero 8, DVD Shrink 3.1 and AVS Video Converter. Also it isn’t just one dvd that won’t work, I’ve tried a few and none work on the new laptop but they all burn fine on another computer I own. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

And what program are you using to decrypt the movie?

[QUOTE=plop123;2438628]I have recently got a new laptop computer, my old laptop could burn dvd’s no problem. I’d open disc with dvd shrink 3.1 and copy it to disc using dvd shrink by selecting Backup!then selecting the disc drive as the target folder. On my new laptop it doesnt show up any disc drive as a target. I would like it if I could burn the dvd by just using dvd shrink, if possible, as it was the easiest way. I’ve tried to back up the disc as an iso file and then use nero 8 to burn it. In nero i select ‘rip and burn’ then click on ‘image, project, copy’ then select ‘disc image or saved project’. a box opens telling me to open a file. I click the iso file, then it takes me to the final stage where it has- Current recorder: Image recorder, Disc Type: DVD, Image file: Ghost_town.iso. I put in a blank DVD, then I click ‘Burn’ and it shows the files being written to the disc. But when nero says it has finished burning disc, it doesn’t work in any of the dvd players and shows it as a blank disc. Please help, I’m struggling and I’m running in circles. The programs I have are- nero 8, DVD Shrink 3.1 and AVS Video Converter. Also it isn’t just one dvd that won’t work, I’ve tried a few and none work on the new laptop but they all burn fine on another computer I own. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

DVDShrink is no burning tool and TARGET: image recorder means what it says: its no dvd burner device but a file.

umm i dont use anything to decrypt the movie, i never had 2 b4… What should I use? i would prefer to use a program that doesnt cost anything and isnt just a trial. please give step by step instructions, i’m in no way computer smart… thankyou and sorry for taking so long to reply…

ok so what should i do then?

DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip–> DVDshrink to compress if needed–> ImgBurn or Ner0 (if you must) to burn it…
Oh, and btw use some [I]reliable [/I]media e.g Vebatims or TY’s…
Good luck!..

You might find some help in my signature.

culd i please get detailed instructions 4 what i should do… im not used 2 all this

[QUOTE=plop123;2449398]culd i please get detailed instructions 4 what i should do… im not used 2 all this[/QUOTE]

Rip full DVD to disk
DVD Shrink to an ISO file not burn
Use IMGBurn to burn ISO to DVD Blank