DVD's with CSS using AnyDVD and Alcohol120 or CloneDVD

I have AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, and Alcohol 120. I bought them several years ago to make images of some of my personal software and movies so I didn’t need the discs to play on my laptop (conserves battery). Now, I have a DVD player in my car and I wanted to make a copy of some of my daughter’s cartoon dvd’s to keep in the car for her so the original isn’t stored in teh vehicle. However, when I tried to copy them, (actually, when I inserted them into the computer) anydvd said that they were css protected and it couldn’t decode them.

I haven’t tried to do this in several years, but I have never seen this warning before. Doing a little reading, it appears that I am going to need a 3rd software package to make a copy of my own movie? Any help?

No, just update your copy of AnyDVD.

www.slysoft.com
The latest version is 6.5.5.9 You can also update your version of CloneDVD.

AnyDVD always decrypted plain CSS protection as far as I am aware, so I don’t know why you are getting that message.

well, that is what I suspected, so I did update all of the software, but am still getting the message. I tried different dvds, too.

In AnyDVD try activating the Safe Mode in program settings.

If that doesn’t work, try the free trial of DVDFab. Don’t have AnyDVD running in the background when you try to use DVDFab.

http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Installed it on a different computer and it seems to be working fine. I suppose my installation on the other computer is corrupt. So, nevermind for now! :cool: