Dvds on wimdows

vbimport

can any one tell me why i cant play dvds on windows m-player.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

What version of WMP are you using?

VLC Player is what I use personally, though I do use Media Player for other stuff. :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I never use wmp (I stopped to use it years ago because it is one of the worst players available in my opinion), so I’m not able to answer your question, but I can suggest a couple of excellent (and free) alternatives to it:

1. MPC
  2. VLC

Both can be used in portable way, i.e. no installation is required. So you can try both them and see which one is better for you :slight_smile:

oops… I was too slow :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=jason106;2457376]can any one tell me why i cant play dvds on windows m-player.[/QUOTE]Windows Media Player needs a MPEG2 decoder for DVD playback. On XP, a MPEG2 decoder needed to be purchased separately, the better versions of Vista (and perhaps 7) already come with such a decoder.

On Windows 2000, Mediaplayer 9 is not even designed to playback DVD. There is a very basic standalone DVD playback software with the OS, but just like with XP, a 3rd party MPEG2 decoder software is needed.

Michael

[QUOTE=geno888;2457380]Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I never use wmp (I stopped to use it years ago because it is one of the worst players available in my opinion), so I’m not able to answer your question, but I can suggest a couple of excellent (and free) alternatives to it:

1. MPC
  2. VLC

Both can be used in portable way, i.e. no installation is required. So you can try both them and see which one is better for you :slight_smile:

oops… I was too slow :bigsmile:[/QUOTE] thank you i will try.