DVD's on locked PS2

Hi

I’m thinking about purchasing a DVD-writer (dunno which yet) for my PC. I have a lot of animations and stuff I’ve created through the years, and thought about compiling them all on a DVD with menu interface and all.

The only player I have is a PS2, which suits my daily needs for a DVD-player. I guess its quite perfect for testing out my DVD, if I want to distribute it to my friends, fellow employees and family, as it is locked - no chips inserted here. It would ensure me that if the PS2 can read it, everybody else can too, right?

BUT… is it possible to burn a DVD on a PC so it is in a “original” format, that everybody can watch? And if so, how, what do I need. If not, why?

what exactly do u mean by “locked” and “original”?

By locked I mean, that it is NOT region-free, it is locked from the vendor to the very few formats PS2 offer as default. By original I mean, the way an original (not ripped) movie per say Godzilla is created on DVD with regioncodes and all.

u’ll need dvd authoring software in order to set the region codes for a dvd that u create, software u’ll need anyway in order to compile ur own dvd.

And that´s it? Then the DVD can play on all players? Hmmm, I didnt think it was THAT easy…

sorry had to just put this …if your backing up yoru dvd’s that play in ps2 like I do all the time then here is alittle tutorial that will help ya get going …

I use dvd shrink and nero to backup all my dvds …with a good dvd burner

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75471

he’s not trying to back up dvds, he’s creating his own:

I have a lot of animations and stuff I’ve created through the years, and thought about compiling them all on a DVD with menu interface and all.

JJMayday: since u want to set the regions for ur dvds, they’ll only play in players that are set to the same region or that are region free.

oops thanks AZImmortal

i dont know how i missed that …I guess cant read tonight

for making my own dvd’s I have used ulead movie factory or there other dvd authoring software … or i used roxio believe it or not it worked good for me …

sorry bout the confusion