Dvds not autorunning

New to DVD burning so hopefully this is just me doing something
wrong.

I have downloaded the trial version of CloneDVD (1.3.11.2) and anyDVD (3.2.1.1).

I have burned two of my own DVDs to Packard Bell DVD-RW discs.

They play great on my computer but need to select Video folder within the drive. But when I try playing this on a dvd player it does not reconise the disc? (Playstation2)

In AnyDVD I have the computer friendly (Autorun DVD Video) section ticked within feature removal. IS this the peoblem?

Any help would be great.

Thanks Dean

Hi, I don’t use AnyDVD, but it seems to me that it could really be the cause of your problems!

Good luck,

ET

Originally posted by deanlancaster
In AnyDVD I have the computer friendly (Autorun DVD Video) section ticked within feature removal. IS this the peoblem?

[B]

Any help would be great.

Thanks Dean [/B]

I don’t know what the problem is, but AnyDVD disabling PC-Friendly surely is not.

Originally posted by eltranquil
Hi, I don’t use AnyDVD, but it seems to me that it could really be the cause of your problems!

No, I don’t think so.

…when I try playing this on a dvd player it does not reconise the disc? (Playstation2)

Media Compatibility for PS2.

In order to ID the media manufacturer download e.g. [COLOR=blue]DVD Identifier V3.2,
run it w your Packard Bell DVD-RW inserted and then compare the result to those in the list.
Get a decent media ![/COLOR] :wink:

Hi, just a remark: in my post above, ‘it’ was not referred to AnyDVD (which is a cool program IMHO, even if I am not using it since I work mainly with Dvd Decrypter) but to the “autorun DVD video” feature…

However, I was only guessing: and if Olly says that it is not the cause, it definitely won’t. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Regards,

ET

Originally posted by Olli
No, I don’t think so.

heres a thought…perhaps the dvd player cannot read dvd-rw’s but just dvd-r’s?when u use the clonedvd feature do you use the copy just 1 title or do you choose some thing else…if you uncheck preserve menus the movie will automatically start playing …good luck

That’s for Pc-Friendly… I would check to see if the Auto insertion notification in windows is checked, then see if PC DVD or whatever dvd player you have is set for default player

No that isn’t the problem. Strangely it sounds like the DVD-video format isn’t right. Meaning that you have burned a regular DVD-RW not a video one.

Did you use CloneDVD to burn the copy or just to rip? If not CloneDVD (say you burned with Nero) did you select the DVD-Video template type instead of DIY with DVD-RW type?

Fairy