DVDs in and out of focus

vbimport

Has anyone out there ever noticed that on some DVDs (perhaps those poorly mastered) the image appears to be in a constant state of automatically trying to focus itself? It is particularly noticeable on people’s faces as the focus moves in and out. I never noticed it on my old Sony 32" tube TV, but began to notice a little of this on my Sony 42" HDTV projection television. Now, I’m running DVDs through a DLP projector and onto a giant 84" screen. It’s very noticeable now, even on movies like The Phantom Menace. My wife and I noticed it last night while watching Octopussy. I checked to make sure it wasn’t just my DVD player, a nice Sony HDMI upconverter. No, when playing such DVDs through my computer the same problem turns up on the monitor display as well. It’s less noticeable, but it’s definitely there. I’m sure I’m not the only one to notice this.

Can’t say it’s happened to me! just checked The Phantom Menace and a few other DVD’s on a 120" 16:9 screen and all play fine. I would take the DVD back and ask for a refund or exchange for new ones :slight_smile: