DVDs freeze up driving me crazy

vbimport

i have nero 6 and i use tmpgenc dvd author to make DVD’s of TV episodes.
whenever i make a dvd the last episode of whatever im burning sticks and freezes at the last two chapters of the clip.
the problem shows up in powerDVD on the computer and on my philips and daewoo dvd players but when i open the burned disc using Interwin DVD the error is not there

Any help would be most greatfully recieved

thanks

Thats weird… I got a problem like this backing-up Smallville’s DVDs.
Did you tried to change media brand/type ?
Did you tried to change the DVD author software? Or, change any setting about high compatibility formats ?
What burning speed are you using ?

One last think… Are this last chapters freezing whem you access it from a menu ? Because I got a problem like this once… them the only way to read the chapters was changing by the “title” in the standalone DVD player… There are some cloudly compatibility stuff regarding burning ways (including speed) and readers (even software).

used two different media…sometimes they work,sometimes they dont
using 8 and 6 speed…i use DVD shrink to rip the episodes if its a shop DVD and TMPGEnc DVD author if it is a DRDRW from my philips DVD recorder

dunno what you mean about changing high compatibility format settings???..
i just re burned a problem disc using TMPGEncs built in burning tool and it worked fine
but i dont use TMPGEnc for full length movies,only for TV shows, and i still have the same problem with films…

@ motleycrue
Welcome:). Your problem is most likely a burner/media compatability problem. What is the make and model number and firmware version of your burner? What is the brand/speed/type of blank dvd media you are using, or the MID if you know it?

im using a liteon SOHW 832S
i havent got a clue about firmware and how to check it or update it???
current media is hi-space dvd+r and it appears to be 8 speed

@ motleycrue
The ‘Hi-Space’ media you have is probably ‘MPOMEDIA ???’. They aren’t known as a good MID for Liteons. Since you have a Liteon, you can check your burn results with Kprobe 2.4.2 BLER scans(scanned at 4x scan speed the forum standard for comparison). You can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans to find out what these graphs mean. PI/PO is now referred to as PI/PIF. Roughly, PImax<280; PIFmax<4. Attaching disc quality scans to your post of the offending discs will help us help you. If you choose to post some scans, post them in the Liteon forum. Try to search the Liteon forum for answers to your questions before you ask them. Some excellent media that I would recommend is RICOHJPNR01 4x +R. It can be burnt at 8X with great results or 4x for better results.

You may also benefit from a firmware upgrade. Newer firmware may help with the MPOMEDIA stuff you have left, but don’t expect miracles. The Liteon FAQs may be of some help with that and many other things…search before you ask, the answers probably have already been posted.