DVDs freeze up 80% of way through movie

I have a LG GSA 4167B running on Windows XP SP2. I use the Nero 7 Ultra package and specifically, Nero Vision 4 to burn DVDs from AVI files. Lately I have been having trouble with burned movies freezing up 80 to 90% of the way through. In Nero Vision I use the automatic quality setting so entire DVD is utilized when burned. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is my problem with the media I am using – I am currently using Memorex DVD-R 16X 4.7 GB,
  2. What media do you recommend to use with this burner. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I used Nero CD-DVD Speed to analyze my bad DVDs and sure enough the bad sectors are revealed.

Yes, use other media.

LG drives like good media. My 4167B hated Prodisc and some Ritek.

Try Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden (the latter can be bought online). :slight_smile:

BTW, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

OK, thanks guys. I had a feeling the media is the problem.

Memorex is the worst media you can use. I have burned over a thousand movies and over 300 xbox games. I have never had 1 coaster using ritek which can be bought in bulk from shop 4 tech or supermedia, for the best pricing and free shipping.I have used ritek on 3 different dvd drives with much success.But I am not 100% sure about your dvd drive you are using.

I wouldn’t currently recommend Ritek (which, BTW, is a manufacturer often used by Memorex), not until they get their Quality Control in order. Compatibility can be a problem with latest Ritek codes often, too.

@gerryyf - try either of the medias I suggested, and you won’t go far wrong. :slight_smile:

Yo-

I totally agree with Arachne-

My 4167 loved Taiyo Yuden 8x +R T02 (suggest www.rima.com) and Verbatim 16x +R MCC004 medias (suggest watching for sales at BestBuy or OfficeMax)