DVDs don't work after burn?

Hi,
this is my burner: sony dw-d23a, I’ve been using it since 2.5 - 3.5 years ago so it’s not decent.
I tried to burn some game images on some DVDs with Nero 8 and Magic ISO but I get the same problem from both:
After burning DVDs (games images) it (both Nero and Magic ISO) says everything is fine and that the burn succeeded. but after putting the DVD in the machine again, the computer acts weird, and when I say weird I mean that most of the time it acts like there’s no DVD, sometimes it shows only the name of the DVD but when I double-click it the explorer get slow and stuck until I eject the DVD.
This problem happens with every single DVD I burn…
I tried to download UDF Reader driver but it didn’t help.
I’m starting to think I need to buy a decent burner but I’m not sure if that’s the problem.

What do I need to do?

Weak laser, poor media… For the now low price a new burner I would simply replace it. I had only one burner last more than 2 years.

Ok, I think i’ll go on the LG GSA-H62N 18X DVD SATA.

Oh and one thing, what do you mean by saying “poor media”?

best media is Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden; Sony also ok IMO.

[QUOTE=Neoeyal;1925081]… I tried to burn some game images on some DVDs with Nero 8 and Magic ISO but I get the same problem from both …
[/QUOTE]
Could you clarify this please.
Game images … as in pictures / graphics [B]-(OR)-[/B] ISO files(s) of executable games / programs??
If the latter, what platform do these game run on. PC’s or console (xBox, Playstation, ect).

Oh, now I get it. media = burning disc. I’m using TEAC (I think it’s only in Israel) but we have Verbatim too so i’ll go for it next time i buy DVDs.
If it’s poor media do I need to buy a decent burner anyway?

Dennis L,
By saying “Game images” I meant ISO files, for PC (DVD-ROM i think)