DVDs don't play

I have had a laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro 2060) for a couple of months now and it has suddenly stopped playing DVDs. When I first had it I had no problem getting it to play DVDs, and I’m pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the specs.

I currently have Media Player 10, where if I insert a DVD it tells me it won’t play due to colour and resolution settings. I follow the troubleshooter through, having satisified every criteria it asks for, and it still won’t play.
I also have Interactual Player, and it comes up with an Error PL4013, saying I may not have a DVD decoder, but I have played DVDs before on this computer, so I am a little confused here.
I recently installed a trial version of Intervideo WinDVD 7, to try it out, but the trial period has expired and I cannot seem to uninstall it anywhere.

This is probably something really simple, but I am going away to uni soon and any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

James Anderson

Hi Windy and welcome…good luck at uni.

First off, get rid of interactual player…it’s actually spyware and can cause problems…this sucker actually tries to auto install on your pc when you start many studio dvds.

Recommend VLC, free, reliable and will play darn near anything.

Hope this helps.