DVD's do not even read right

I have been backing up my dvd’s since i bought dvdfab about non-stop now for a couple weeks and most dvd’s will read, copy, and burn great. But i come across some DVD’s once in a while that when I insert the DVD, dvdfab opens and the purple box comes up and the green bar just keeps going on and on and it wont read the disk at all. I have even burned some of them fine, then i watch them and they would skip, and i figured out how to fix that, so i would go to insert the disk to do it again and this time it wont read the disk. The disk are in perfect shape, most others work fine, so it shouldn’t be nothing wrong with the drive or anything. Thanks ahead of time!:bow:

Lot’s of poorly manufactured (pressed) releases out there, I have a couple, they will play fine in the standalone player but will not copy at all. These DVDs look perfect but there is a bad spot on them somewhere. If the disk scans forever try disabling Path Player and give it a try.

Nope, unfortunately disabling it didn’t work either. Thank you though.

If you haven’t got it already, go here: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/ and get Nero cdspeed. You can scan that troublesome disk and I’ll bet you find an error.

yes on one disk it said something like ‘illegal mode…’ and then the other 2 that i tried wont even load anymore, i burned them once and i try to do it again and they wont read, not even in the nero scan.

[QUOTE=Thinkrealhard;2059778]yes on one disk it said something like ‘illegal mode…’ and then the other 2 that i tried wont even load anymore, i burned them once and i try to do it again and they wont read, not even in the nero scan.[/QUOTE]

That’s starting to sound more and more like the drive is bitting the dust. DVD drives die and sometimes slowly and weirdly!

You might try one of those cleaning discs, they have fine brushes to clean dust and stuff off the laser. Sometimes that works wonders. Sometimes a little windex on the DVD will remove unseen stuff that interferes with the read. Wipe across the disc not in circles around it.

Well I went and got some stuff to clean the disk better, then I took my drive apart, cleaned it out and the eye and nothing has helped, I guess I might just have to pass on these dvd’s.