DVDs burnt in reprder not being recognised on my computer

vbimport

I recently purchased a Toshiba DR 570 DVD recorder and have been happy with it. The only thing is that the discs I burn in the recorder cannot be seen by the DVD drives on my computer. It isn’t a firmware issue as I have updated that. In fact I’ve tried the discs with two different brands of media (Sony DVD-R and Philips DVD-R) on several different computers-including some Toshiba laptops-all to no avail. I’ve also tried it with discs that were finalised and open. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I’m encountering this problem and how I can avoid it in the future? Do you think it’s media related or what? Many thanks for your help.

Switch your recording mode from VR to Videodisc. You could also try using DVD+R discs.

Rusty

Switch your record mode from VR to Videodisc mode. You could also try using DVD+R discs.

Rusty

I guess that first reply turned up after all. albeit 5 min. later.

Rusty

Thanks for that. I actually did have a bit of luck with a DVD-RW disc last night which pointed me in the right direction. By the way it is a DVD [B][U]recorder[/U][/B][I] not [/I]a DVD reprder! :rolleyes:

Purchased a cake of Verbatim DVD+R discs yesterday and that solved the problem! :slight_smile: