DVDs and router

Hi,
Could you please tell me if there’s any hazard in keeping my DVD-Roms right next to the router? It produces radiation so perhaps the dvds deteriorate if they’re kept in proximity of the source of this radiation?? I’m asking cause I really don’t know.

Thanks,
M.

No, you won’t hurt the dvds by storing them next to your router. DVDs can be damaged by excessive sunlight, or mold caused by excessive humidity.

you sure about that? I heard the dvds placed on a microwave or electric equipment get errors. So this is why I’m worried about my stuff. After all, router emits some small radiation too.
M.

Yes, I’m quite sure that the tiny amount of electromagnetic energy emitted by your router is not going to adversely affect your dvds.

Light is a form of electromagnetic energy too, and it [B]can[/B] degrade the dyes in dvds that you write to. But it takes direct sunlight, over a fair amount of time to do this.

DVD-Rom disks are what you mentioned in your original post. They are made differently from dvds that you write to. They use a metal layer sandwiched between the polycarbonate plastic instead of a dye layer, and tend to be fairly durable.

thanx

you sure about that? I heard the dvds placed on a microwave or electric equipment get errors

Maybe they tried using the mw to ‘[I][B]burn[/B][/I]’ them…:eek: