DVDRW IDE 16x

vbimport

Ok…I have this burner/cd rom installed on the computer I have. I can install games from discs, listen to music cd’s or watch dvds. The problem I have is when I insert a blank media disc whether it is a cdr or dvdr. The computer monitor goes black and the system reboots. I have pinnacle on the computer. We have tried to use Windows Media Player to burn music and still no sucess. As soon as the tray goes in and the cd spins for about 3-5 seconds, the system reboots. I have somethingn else called Instant CD+DVD as well. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix the problem? Am I doing something wrong?

[QUOTE=thatgurl44903;2147914]Ok…I have this burner/cd rom installed on the computer I have. I can install games from discs, listen to music cd’s or watch dvds. The problem I have is when I insert a blank media disc whether it is a cdr or dvdr. The computer monitor goes black and the system reboots. I have pinnacle on the computer. We have tried to use Windows Media Player to burn music and still no sucess. As soon as the tray goes in and the cd spins for about 3-5 seconds, the system reboots. I have somethingn else called Instant CD+DVD as well. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix the problem? Am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

What kinda burner software do you have installed? What kinda drive and model is your unit? What kinda computer do you have? Sounds like a PS supply going bad or dying out from the power draw of burner. Make sure your PS is still in working conditions? What is “Instandt Cd+Dvd”?? Never heard that before. But as before check your power connections to the drive and make sure your PS is in working order. Also clean out any dust bunnies living inside your computer. Does it do the same thing if nothing is in the burner and you just use the computer?