DVDROMs'which have region free software available for their drives - what brands?

vbimport

DVDROMS’ which have region free software available for their drives - what are they?

Why don’t you actually do some research? Search cdfreaks, search videohelp.

Then post questions. Like I can recommend 2-3 brands right now, but I’m not going to until you at least attempt some research.

• Jie

liteon what else? liteon got bad reputation. suggest good brands.

liteon what else? liteon got bad reputation. suggest good brands.

Liteon DVDROMS are one of the better ones since you want a REGION FREE drive. It is also the easiest one to make region free. In my opinion you would need something easy. :rolleyes: Check out this site that has region free hacks for different drives.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

okay okay no need to take this personally. may be i am wrong. may be liteon is the best dvd rom. but i am the kind of person who thinks everything made in japan or by a japanese company is always the best. so i was hoping some japanese brand names dvdroms that are region free.

why not use softwares like DVD43, DVDidle or anyDVD
with any brand of DVD-ROM drive
DVD43 is free software, the others aren’t

pffffffftt. :Z

hmm trie dto use them but all say the benq is region set. so they dont work dont know why?

okay okay no need to take this personally. may be i am wrong. may be liteon is the best dvd rom. but i am the kind of person who thinks everything made in japan or by a japanese company is always the best. so i was hoping some japanese brand names dvdroms that are region free.

Not taking this personally. I’m trying to help you out but it seems you refuse to take the advice given to you. I’ve given you links to check out and obviously you havent read the information that is there. To my knowledge there are no JAPANESE manufactured DVDROMS that are sold in the USA. Order a liteon dvdrom or just flash your drive with the dangerous brothers firmware. If you don’t wanna flash your drive then be stuck with what you have it’s as simple as that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wink:

some people here think the software will can override my dvd burners dvd region set? i was answering to them.
which liteon dvdrom do you suggest?
also when ripping a movie with liteon - will that make a difference qualitywise when i makeup a backup copy of it on benq- i mean when i burn it?

some people here think the software will can override my dvd burners dvd region set? i was answering to them.
which liteon dvdrom do you suggest?
also when ripping a movie with liteon - will that make a difference qualitywise when i makeup a backup copy of it on benq- i mean when i burn it?

The LITE ON 16X-DVD/48X-CDROM INTERNAL EIDE BLACK #SOHD-167T is a good one. Unfortunately Newegg.com doesn’t sell this model but mwave.com does. Here is the link for mwave.com.
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/ViewProducts.hmx?PID=CDROM-LITEON&updepts=MM-CD&DNAME=CD+ROM++and+DVD

There is no quality lost when ripping a movie from any DVDROM or DVDBURNER. All you’re doing is copying the vob files from the dvd disc then you can use DVD SHRINK to compress those files to fit on a single layer disc. This is the link for the region free tool to use with the LITEON DVDROM.
http://dhc014.rpc1.org/LtnRPC/

Remember you still need to use DVD REGION KILLER which will fool the operating system. It will prevent getting the error msg telling you that you only have 4 region changes left. If you don’t install DVD REGION KILLER you will get a POP UP WINDOW telling you only have 4 region changes left. Read this link on region free.
http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=239

1. the dvdrom needs to be region free
  2. operating system needs to be region free as well

its all clear now. thanks for your patience and great help.
well - i need audio cable - 1 dollar
then what data cable i need? - there is 18 inch data cable or 18 inch ata round cable? thanks

its all clear now. thanks for your patience and great help.
well - i need audio cable - 1 dollar
then what data cable i need? - there is 18 inch data cable or 18 inch ata round cable? thanks

Your welcome and again I stress for you to read the links I provided. As for cables any one will do fine with a DVDROM. :slight_smile:

:eek: Newegg.com does sell LITEON DVDROM 167T.

thanks. but now i looked and see benq1620 selling at 52 dollars. i am thinking of getting that one instead of liteon dvdrom.
and using dangerous brothers firmware to flash it and make it region free.
hows that?
i wonder how these benq’speople are buying are doing now? heard many have gone bad…

thanks. but now i looked and see benq1620 selling at 52 dollars. i am thinking of getting that one instead of liteon dvdrom.
and using dangerous brothers firmware to flash it and make it region free.
hows that?
i wonder how these benq’speople are buying are doing now? heard many have gone bad…

Why use a dvd burner to do your ripping??? In my opinion using a DVDROM to do the ripping is better than using a dvd burner. But to each’s own. Although they have a read speed hack for the BENQ 1620 I have no need for it. My Toshiba’s rip plenty fast for me with Hijackers hacked firmware.

Of course you could also go the software route and download AnyDVD to remove the region coding on the disc. It just runs in the background and also removes all the other types of protections and even adds a little functionality here and there. For $21 it’s a great piece of software that takes care of all of this. No, I don’t work for Slysoft but I do support good products. Hence the reason I’ll never buy another Lite-On drive… after seeing how bad the 451S was. :bigsmile: Of course, their CD-Burners and DVD-Rom’s are much better quality but for my purposes there are other brands to choose from.

anydvd + clonedvd? correct i need both? what about clonecd? what is that for?
but will anydvd remove the region set coding on dvd burner like someone said it wont and that i will still need modified firmware to remove that. correct?

i see you have - Samsung TS-H492A CD-RW/DVD Combo drive w/TB02 Firmware. how is this dvd rom? have you made it region free?

Samsung TS-H492A - can this drive be made region free ? if what is the link to firmware to that will do it?

hi , i have some problem and have research several forum about region code free software, but still need help .

1. first i have vlc media player to player regions’ coded dvd , but someone suggust i need dvdv43 to ‘kill’ the code of my dvd player coded(code3) but i got an error saying i need to update the driver etc. what should I do ?
  2. i notice some one in this thread say region killer is better as as it would remove the code on my player
    30 i only want to change that i can watch all region dvd/vcd etc, but do not want to change my dvd/cd/vcd burner, what should i do?