Dvdregion plus css free and vista

hello ,

i would like to know if dvdregion plus css free version 5.9.8.5 is compatible with vista home premium ? and if it isnt what software is out there good enough to avoid a dvd drive region lockup ?

thanks

[quote=wintron;1957046]hello ,

i would like to know if dvdregion plus css free version 5.9.8.5 is compatible with vista home premium ? and if it isnt what software is out there good enough to avoid a dvd drive region lockup ?

thanks[/quote] I don’t think that DVD Region + CSS Free is being updated anymore, Answer to your other question I think DVDFAB Platinum is the best program out there and it works with Vista :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: You can download it and try it free for 30 days (and it’s a full working copy) to see how you like it also look for a post from StormJumper as I think he has setup guidelines for Vista in his signature

so then dvd region plus css free is contained within dvdfab platinium ?

so even if i dont use use dvdfab but would like to watch a dvd disc it would still give me the same protection ?

thanks and sorry if it sounds confusing :slight_smile:

by the way where can i find that post by stormjumper ?

[QUOTE=wintron;1957499]so then dvd region plus css free is contained within dvdfab platinium ?

so even if i dont use use dvdfab but would like to watch a dvd disc it would still give me the same protection ?

thanks and sorry if it sounds confusing :slight_smile:

by the way where can i find that post by stormjumper ?[/QUOTE]

If you are ripping using DVDfab, it will do everything that DVD Region Plus CSS Free does. On the other hand, if you want to play a DVD on your PC which does not agree with the region setting on your drive, DVDfab will not help you.

DVD Region Plus CSS Free runs in the background and intercepts all Windows requests to read from the DVD and “fixes” them so whatever program requested the read sees the DVD as unprotected. DVDfab runs as an application (not in the background) and decrypts/deprotects the DVD data while it is ripping, but does not provide a transparent service to other programs that access the drive thru Windows.

I have sent you a PM wintron, check it out.

Hi
just checked DVD Region + CSS Free on Vista. It works! Can watch DVDs from all regions now.
Vista Ultimate

strange . i sent their support an emial twp weeks ago looking for clarification . they responded by saying that it doesnt support vista now but will do in the future .:confused:

Well, that is not the first time that I experience that a software does run one some Vista computers and not on others. This must be a real challenge for software writers:Z. Anyway, I do need that functionality, had a license from my old broken computer and tested it (risking that Vista is srewed up afterwards)… By the way, I just found a piece of cool software: It is a virtual PC (by Micro$oft, its free) that allows to run a complete XP machine within Vista. So far, I really like it- that allows to run XP software (http://vistarewired.com/2007/02/21/virtual-pc-2007)

Hi,
I tried dvd region+ ccs free on my vista computer and it did not
work. I Hope a windows vista version comes out soon!:iagree:
please!!!:bow:

[QUOTE=moviefan2008;1975661]Hi,
I tried dvd region+ ccs free on my vista computer and it did not
work. I Hope a windows vista version comes out soon!:iagree:
please!!!:bow:[/QUOTE]

Don’t hold your breath !!!

I use ver. 5.9.8.5. with my Vista 64 and it works.

Run this in adminstrator.