DVDR comes on at midnight, doesn't shut off, doesn't record timed programs

vbimport

I have a DVDR3505/37 for over a year now. Since the time change (sprang forward in Mar 2010) the DVDR comes on at midnight, but not really on. After a 15 min wait you don’t see a picture and regular TV is fuzzy. If left like that and you have a program timed to record that afternoon it doesn’t record. Never had this problem before. Did have problem trying to get it to hold the time at first, but finally got it to hold time. Any suggestions? Not a huge problem if I’m at home every day for I have been catching it last few days, but if I’m gone out of town and not there to turn it off then programs not recorded. Thank you.

Welcome aboard :wink:

Is there a setting in the menu for daylight savings time (may be abbreviated as DST)?

Some players require this setting to be adjusted rather than the actual time when switching between summer and winter time. If there is a DST (may be called “Daylight Savings Time” or “Summer Time”) option, try changing the clock time back an hour (i.e. like if it was still on winter time) and then enabling the Daylight Savings Time option. This should in turn update the clock.

But i got the time to stay the current time. The problem is DVDR turns on by itself at midnight, if you put TV on channel 3 you see nothing and on other channels it is fuzzy or not able to view. I hit power button on remote for DVDR and it comes on and loads DVD. Then hit power button on remote and it turns off. If I don’t do this (miss checking to make sure it is off) then I don’t get my timed recordings. This just happened when the time changed this last time. Prior to this it would just come on as explained and then turn off on it’s own in about a minute and timed programs are recorded unless the power is out for short time. Have not had power interruption so that is not the problem. Any more thoughts on this? Will look as you suggest in time set and see if I’m overlooking something. Thank You.

[QUOTE=Bev114;2503706]I have a DVDR3505/37 for over a year now. Since the time change (sprang forward in Mar 2010) the DVDR comes on at midnight, but not really on. After a 15 min wait you don’t see a picture and regular TV is fuzzy. If left like that and you have a program timed to record that afternoon it doesn’t record. Never had this problem before. Did have problem trying to get it to hold the time at first, but finally got it to hold time. Any suggestions? Not a huge problem if I’m at home every day for I have been catching it last few days, but if I’m gone out of town and not there to turn it off then programs not recorded. Thank you.[/QUOTE]