Dvdnextcopy

vbimport

dvdnextcopy “theburningedge” edition copies my dvd’s OK, however; It locks up my computer after burning the dvd. I can’t turn my computer off unless I hold in the power button for 4 secs etc…

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3198 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3198 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1023.001, 6/20/2005

Any suggestions ??
Thanks in advance
oljer

What version of DVD neXt COPY are you using? Type of blank media? Burner model? Burn speed? Quality settings? IS there packet writing software like Roxio Drag to Disc or Nero InCD installed?

What version of DVD neXt COPY are you using? "THE BURNING EDGE"
purchased 3 days ago for $79 (Can) plus taxes. version 2.9.8.5…
Type of blank media? HP DVD-R 16x
Burner model? Lightscripe DVD R/RW (IDE-DVD DVDRW8651)
(Also have a Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-832S) but haven’t used it
Burn speed? 18x
Quality settings? The Best and Fastest
IS there packet writing software like Roxio Drag to Disc or Nero InCD installed? Easy Media Creator 10 suite Installed. InCD not installed or (disabled).
Removed Nero Ultra 8 Edition from computer a couple months ago…
Hope this is what you want. Thank-you for the prompt reply…
Regards
oljer38<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

This is ok if you will burn @ 8 or 12x. Everyone here will suggest Tayio Yuden or Verbatim’s for +/- R and Verbatim +R DL ONLY!

This is where things come into play. I use the default and don’t experience this. Others that used this and tried to playback have experienced the same issue. Default is recommended.

Try at 8x or 12x

Is Roxio’s Drag to Disc installed?

Nope can’t see it anywhere ??

[quote=Dr. Who;2050395]This is ok if you will burn @ 8 or 12x. Everyone here will suggest Tayio Yuden or Verbatim’s for +/- R and Verbatim +R DL ONLY!

This is where things come into play. I use the default and don’t experience this. Others that used this and tried to playback have experienced the same issue. Default is recommended.

Try at 8x or 12x

Is Roxio’s Drag to Disc installed?[/quote] NOPE Can’t see it anywhere ???

oljer38

Try the default read settings and burn at 8x or 12x, I bet this will cure the issue but how long the backup will last is another story with that media.

Thanks “DOC” will keep you posted when I have time to follow your advise. The “War Department” lol - says I have to tend the yardwork first…aaarrrggg…
Thanks again and I really appreciate your quick response’s

Have a Good One
oljer

That’s what I am here for. Thanks for keeping me posted as that helps me to know if all is well or not.