DVDNextCopy 3

vbimport

Have any user(s) experienced the “disappearing” dvdnextcopy.db? Seems my puter keeps eating all the subdirs in DVDNextCopy except “skins”… I then have to do a complete un-re install of DVD and mach2… Any ideas???

system is run of the mill EMachine… nothing special… XP sp3 etc…

Any help will be appreciated

R-J
SemperFi

Welcome to the forum!

Redownload and install on top of the same version please this is a hit and miss at the current moment and this corrects that issue.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2162693]Redownload and install on top of the same version please this is a hit and miss at the current moment and this corrects that issue.[/QUOTE]

I also had the database vanish; the reinstall has taken care of it for now.

So Dr., do the folks at NextCopy know what is causing this to happen?

This is only the third or fourth report. So I haven’t reported it to the engineers just yet. I was wanting to lean towards anti software be it virus or internet security but I have yet to hear from the others what they used. I’ll get this report into them today though.

I am at a small disadvantage here, I experience no problem when I use nextcopyUltimate V3. What database are you refering too?

It seems some users (not me either) get this dvdnextcopy.db not loaded error.

this system runs nothing but DNC 3 and windows WinXP… i have another system for internet etc…

[QUOTE=RetiredJarhead;2162844]this system runs nothing but DNC 3 and windows WinXP… i have another system for internet etc…[/QUOTE]

I would report this to Support @dvdnextcopy.com and explain what you have for a machine and any programs that are installed I have run across this a few times myself the cure for me was to download the exe. from the homepage with norton disabled and reinstall over the top of the program,
They do not seem to get along I am running Vista 64 and Norton ISS 2009…I am putting kaspersky back on LOL

I appreciate all the help… I used Norton for years but it became such an assets/environment hog i went to something else…

the e-mach in quesion is a T3410… added a bit of ram, second hd and the LG HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22LP20 lightscribe… i use the factory installed dvd-rom for reading and the lg for dup’ing… no viruses, spyware, etc (that I can find) … pretty much a second system for odd jobs … nothing outside of system software running … BUT… it still happens… I un/reinstall and it works fine… hope there’s no defined number of activations…

Thnx 4 UR support and time

RetiredJarhead…

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"
Gunnery Sergeant Dan Daly, 4 june 1918.
Leading Marines at Belleu Wood.

the file name is dvdnextcopy.db and is found in the dvdnextcopy/data dir…

A simple reinstall over the old install does fix this as I have users that were reporting this and this fixed their issue permanently. It has also been reported as an issue as well.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2163254]A simple reinstall over the old install does fix this as I have users that were reporting this and this fixed their issue permanently. It has also been reported as an issue as well.[/QUOTE]

I have been using that technique… so far so good… although i did have to do it more than once… it is holding its own right now… :wink:

R-J

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.”

• General Dwight D. Eisenhower -

Well it seems the answer is to use a really good A/V program like Kapersky Internet Security. ( The single most important program on your computer.):wink:

Or NOD32 I have heard great reports on using that without an issue. I am using [B]Norton Endpoint Protection[/B] on [B]Windows Server 2008 Enterprise [/B]without issues as well.