DVDInfoPro = BSOD

Installed DVDInfoPro on win2K-SP4, have Nero and ASPI 4.60 also installed.
Every time I launch DVDinfo I get BSOD, with a reference to “DFSTOR2K.SYS”, which I take to be a driver for DVDInfo.

Any ideas what’s up with this? One time I got a checkdisc scan after the reboot, apparently the thing hosed a sector when it crashed. that’s a little concerning.

I have not yet installed my DVD burner, if that’s a factor, but it shouldn’t be.

I have a half dozen virtual CD drives running, might that be the issue?

update: I uninstalled the virtual drives and it still does it.

I have w2k sp4 danish, Nero 6.015 and aspi 4.60 and i have just searched for dfstor2k.sys on my entire harddisk and with no result. I also have dvdinfopro installed.

If you rightclick on this file what is mention in properties. Maybe you can get a answer where it belong.

properties:
OnSpecLink based Storage Class Driver
internal name: OnStor2K.sys

opens with unknown application

It appears to have been installed about 6 weeks ago, I have no idea what it came with, but RAID controllers might be a possibility.
I don’t think I’m up to moving it, cause if it hoses my RAID driver I’m screwed.

I recall trying DVDinfo a month or 2 ago and getting the same BSOD.

did some googling on it, getting references to USB and card readers, which I have.

I have just used google search and it seems to be some kind of usb to atapi driver.

If you think DFSTOR2K.SYS have something to do with your raid controller, can you check the drivers it install and check if DFSTOR2K.SYS is a driver it install.

We seem to have the same idea about google. You where two minutes before me.

It seems that you have used some kind of usb device which have used the DFSTOR2K.SYS as a driver to communicate with.

It’s deffinitely the USB card reader, I uninstalled it and DVDInfo works fine. So it looks like anyone on win2K with a USB card reader might have the same trouble.
When I have time, I’ll see if just unplugging the reader will work, But these BSOD’s are dangerous for me since I use write-behind cache on my RAID, I get all sorts of corrupted files when it crashes. Apparently DVDInfo doesn’t like removable-type “drives” running!

Hi,

I can work with you on this to find the bug and correct it. Work with me directly by email nicw"at"bigpond.net.au or by MSN nicwilson"at"hotmail.com.

Enable the “allow logging” setting, and I can expand the logging function if needed to locate and find what is going wrong while scanning the scsi/ide/usb/1394 busses.

cheers
NicW
www.dvdinfopro.com

Email sent. Logging is on in DVDInfo, but it never loads so I’m guessing that there’s no log.

I was wrong, it does log a few things, I sent you the logs Nic, and thanks.

Update: Disconnecting the USB card reader eliminates the BSOD.

Updating update:

Setting the program to run on ASPI instead of SPTI fixed the crash.

thanks again Nic, let me know if you want any help troubleshooting this conflict.

Now where else but CDFreaks can you get support from a program’s author?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
[B]Updating update:

Setting the program to run on ASPI instead of SPTI fixed the crash.

thanks again Nic, let me know if you want any help troubleshooting this conflict.

Now where else but CDFreaks can you get support from a program’s author? [/B]

The author’s forum :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re logged in as an administrator on that computer, right rdgrimes?

You’re logged in as an administrator

Yup. It works fine in ASPI mode. (4.60)

Just as a point of interest, I just discovered that launching the Pioneer A06 firmware updater causes the same BSOD.