DVDInfo "Pro"

vbimport

I paid $20usd a few months ago for the “Pro” version. Not so much for any additional qualities as to support people who write software. Anyway it was what I expected UNTIL my HDD crashed & I installed a new one. Of course that meant installing any old pgms I wanted on the new HDD. All was well until I remembered my “paid” version of DVDInfo “Pro”.

I’ve NEVER had so big a problem reinstalling a $20 pgm in my life. It’s absurd all that is necessary…serial number…hardware id…activation key !!!

You’d think it was a top secret piece of software. Give me a break here.

What a joke.

[quote=RadioRed;2088546]I paid $20usd a few months ago for the “Pro” version. Not so much for any additional qualities as to support people who write software. Anyway it was what I expected UNTIL my HDD crashed & I installed a new one. Of course that meant installing any old pgms I wanted on the new HDD. All was well until I remembered my “paid” version of DVDInfo “Pro”.

I’ve NEVER had so big a problem reinstalling a $20 pgm in my life. It’s absurd all that is necessary…serial number…hardware id…activation key !!!

You’d think it was a top secret piece of software. Give me a break here.

What a joke.[/quote]
I have to agree, this a piece of software that you can get for free, to do all that just for an advert free version is not necessary. But at least you only have to do it once for each version. Software authors are getting very protective because of all the illegal copies going around. I do not however like programs that call home. This is just my personal opinion.

Well I still have NOT been able to reinstall DVDInfo Pro on my HDD. None of the “activation” info I have works ! I have sent a email to somewhere/someone called “RegSoft.com” & am waiting for more info on how to proceed.

I can certainly appreciate authors wanting/needing to protect their hard work from thieves but I think this is a bit overboard.

Anyway…not the end of the world here. :slight_smile:

I think you should post in the official DVDInfoPro forum, where the author is a moderator, or send a mail to Nic (the author) and not to the company that just manages the purchases.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Forum/tm.asp?m=141011

[QUOTE=cynthia_old;2088567]I think you should post in the official DVDInfoPro forum, where the author is a moderator, or send a mail to Nic (the author) and not to the company that just manages the purchases.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Forum/tm.asp?m=141011[/QUOTE]

Well maybe if “Nic” gave better info re who/where to send questions I would have. I sent my email to the only listed address available sent with the activation info. Maybe more info is available on the home site for the product…but I never found it.

At any rate , my “problem” has reached an end for this thread as it’s played out its usefulness.

Thanks for doing his job. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2088550]I do not however like programs that call home. This is just my personal opinion.[/QUOTE]Alan you know as well as i do that all Slysoft’s paid for apps along with DVDFab do it too and many others :slight_smile:

DVD Identifier is free and is similar to DVDInfoPro. I don’t know if it has as many features, but it does all I need.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2088807]DVD Identifier is free and is similar to DVDInfoPro. I don’t know if it has as many features, but it does all I need.[/QUOTE]

I agree. That, along with CD-DVD Speed (or DiscSpeed as it now seems to be called), are all I need. :slight_smile:

i had similar problems with dvdinfo pro just not long ago. yeah a headache i know.

dvdinfo pro has some features, for now, i can not replace with any other programs. then again there are several features i prefer to use other programs to do as well.

[quote=Bob;2088580]Alan you know as well as i do that all Slysoft’s paid for apps along with DVDFab do it too and many others :)[/quote] I didnt say I didn’t use them, I just said I didnt like that feature. Just my opinion,:iagree: