DVDInfo Pro (Xtreme/Elite) & Question about LabelFlash

vbimport

So i’ve not heard of the tool mentioned much here

( real quick note if you go googling for an older version the cracked ones contain a trojan, i found this out the hard way a long time ago, ran it in a sandbox and almost caught it way back then, scared me as i almost ran it normally, but word of warning for those who go googling or downloading cracked software, prime example of me having to learn my lesson about downloading software off www sites and the like...)

anyway sorry bout that - had to warn you guys though just in case…

the software is totally awesome

and tells you all sorts of info about the drive, as well as the traditional scans, some of which are similiar or the same as kprobe2 etc…

Just curious why no one mentions/uses/whatever this tool before?

anyway: the question is, this drive is a iHAS124B clone/rebadge (OEM) and says it has LabelFlash…which according to this tool is the SAME feature description wise as LightScribe…would this mean that if i crossflashed to a drive that supported lightscribe (iHAS 224 or above) that it would work and laser labels like a normal lightscribe drive? or would it just show the feature and not work…what is labelflash anyway…

So after crossflashing numerous drives to iHAS stock firmwares (clones/rebadges) I finally encountered a problem that i’m unaware of the cause.

The drive listed above (OEM rebadge of iHAS 124B (or maybe 224 if LabelFlash is LightScribe? anyway 124 should work…)

So should 224…just no Lightscribe…

Anyway after trying 224 Burnermax firmware, I ended up with the blinking LED light… (yes i converted the EEPROM)

So i put 124 burnermax on there. (Burnermax is the special firmware c4eva (xbox360 firmware dev) produced for overburning XGD3 (8.7GB rather then 8.4-8.5GB limit) as well as custom media types for Verbatim DVD+R DL (MKM-001/MKM-003)

So now the drive seems to work fine, detects it in windows, imgburn, etc all properly. I can even turn OHT/HT/SmartBurn, Clear OPC history, and OverSpeed all on and off, and imgburn says Success.

No blinking light, there is no disc in there, and since I can’t open the drive tray with the button now, there wasn’t one in there during flashing either…I’m like 99% sure…What would happen if there WAS a disc in there…ln the slim chance? Never had this issue before.

I’m about to try and flash it back to stock…but this is weird.

DVDInfo Pro is useful. I wouldn’t entirely trust it, though. My iHAS624 is shown as Labelflash-enabled. The drive supports Labeltag, but not Labelflash IMO. :rolleyes:

I think the names of the features get mish-mashed amongst different OEMS/manufacturers, and basically although the name/trademark is different, essentially it works the same way/same end result.

Like, unless its just too early in the morning, whats the difference between labeltag and labelflash?

I wonder how the LabelFlash feature is detected in DVDInfo Pro? In DVRTool I use special Mode Sense command for it and it doesn’t detect LabelFlash on iHASx24 B drives (although ImgBurn also detect them as LabelFlash-enabled drives).

[QUOTE=zak7;2766934]I think the names of the features get mish-mashed amongst different OEMS/manufacturers, and basically although the name/trademark is different, essentially it works the same way/same end result.

Like, unless its just too early in the morning, whats the difference between labeltag and labelflash?[/QUOTE]

LabelTag: write one (or more) labels to the bottom (data) side of a DVD, no special media required. Similar to older DiscT@2 technology by Yamaha.
LabelFlash: etch a label to the top (label) side of a disc, LabelFlash media required. Often featured on drives with NEC chipsets (Pioneer, NEC & Optiarc). Not sure if ever featured on other drives, though other manufacturers are listed on the website.

Tag is incompatible with Flash is incompatible with Tag.

Labelflash --> Label side of the disk, and featuring Yamaha’s DiscT@2 for the data side, NEC or Pioneer DVD writers
Labeltag --> Data side, basically the same as DiscT@2, but Liteon’s implementation.

Before the invention of “Labeltag”, it was called “Labelflash on the data side” (I had never heard of DiscT@2 before reading about it).

So there are two strategies for doing the same thing, because of the Lightscribe/Labelflash wars, most likely. The NEC/Yamaha feature as a subset of Labelflash, and the Liteon way without Labelflash support.

I’d sure like to know how DVDInfo tests for Labelflash support…:eek:
… and if there’s a practical way to burn multiple labels to the same disk - not Nero, I just tested. That’s possible according to the Wikipedia page/product advertisement, but Liteon’s tool (ltnLT.exe) closes the disk when used with Nero, PLDS SmartPack or standalone. :sad:

[QUOTE=blackened2687;2766938]In DVRTool I use special Mode Sense command for it and it doesn’t detect LabelFlash on iHASx24 B drives (although ImgBurn also detect them as LabelFlash-enabled drives).[/QUOTE]
Nero Info tool (v6 included with 9 Essentials) also says: No Labelflash capability.

On the multiple-labels topic: does anyone know more command line switches for ltnLT.exe?

/target=[drive letter] points to the Labeltag drive

Especially useful commands would be:

• do not finalize disk!
  • read disk contents (for accurate preview & free space estimation - this is what SmartPack does, that’s why it’s smart! :bigsmile:)

Automattz, to create multiple labels, try using Nero, SmartPack and a DVD-R disc (not a DVD+R). Set Nero to multisession and uncheck, if it’s checked, the “finalize disc” box in Label Design View (SmartPack). I use Nero 2014 and Label Design View 1.20.8 (SmartPack 1.22.0) with a native iHAS524 B.