DVDIdle Pro / DVD43.EXE won't run under Windows Vista

vbimport

Hi All!

I have upgraded to Windows Vista, but now, every time I try to start DVDIdle Pro, I get an error message that states that DVD43.EXE has stopped, and the software does not perform correctly (with NERO 7) after that.

Hello MaxJensen
Do you have DVDIdle Pro and DVD43 both on your computer :confused:
From my understanding DVD43 and DVDIdle Pro(which uses DVD Region+CSS Free) both run in the background.
If you have DVD43 on your system you may want to uninstall DVD43 and see if DVDIdle Pro will work, BUT if you don’t have DVD43 on your system AND DVDIdle Pro is using the DVD43.exe file to be able to function the the problem may be from the UAC (User Account Control). :rolleyes:
When you installed Vista did you do an upgrade (keeping all programs you had on your system) OR a Complete new install (and re-installed all the programs back into your system) :confused:
[B]Turn Off the UAC[/B] and see if this takes care of the problem :doh:
I know some members have had to turn off the UAC in order to install some programs correctly, NOT sure if this is your problem “BUT” Turning Off the UAC is worth a try just to see if it works and only takes a few minutes.

Tim
PS…[B]WELCOME[/B] to the DVDFab Forum

Hey, here is a quick fix for anyone else that might have this same issue with windows vista and dvd idle pro 5985.
go to start menu - control panel - system - advanced system settings - (on performance) click on settings - data execution prevention - click on turn on dep for all programs - click on add and then browse to the c - program files and dvd idle pro folder - find dvd43.exe and add it…

problems solved…and youll notice that since you have vista and its pretty crappy (its like us the consumers are paying microsoft to test this software for them) you will probably have to do this for other apps as well…

laters from the emerald city :bigsmile:

Hi seattleite and welcome to cdfreaks,

Wouldn’t that be the “rainy” (I know that borders on slander)… :stuck_out_tongue: emerald city.

I’m sure many users will thank you for the info… :iagree:
One more reason to hang back with xp. I’m still thinking about linux and maybe a dual boot for my next build…definitely not vista

Why are you running both DVD Idle and DVD43 at the same time?

[quote=MaxJensen;1713123]Hi All!

I have upgraded to Windows Vista, but now, every time I try to start DVDIdle Pro, I get an error message that states that DVD43.EXE has stopped, and the software does not perform correctly (with NERO 7) after that.[/quote]

Hello, I have just joined the club so hello, to all you learned ladies and gents.
Max I have vista, I read your note with much interest, I have had a look at the DVD IDLE PRO trial soft ware and I found, I have lost two changes in my regional codes already in 2 days. I dont know if you have to buy it, to protect the regional codes on your dvd drive, but it isnt protecting my drive codes.

Does anyone know, if the purchased version is a guarantee against losing the regional codes, or is it that it just doesnt work.

The other problem I have seen, the [Buy now] doesnt lead into being able to purchase it anyway. whats wrong PLEASE. ?:confused:

DVDIdlePro and DVDRegion+CSS Free are not currently being updated (haven’t been for about a year) and not currently available for purchase for this reason. Not sure if or when this may change.