DVDIdentifier can't but DVDdecrypter can?

I’ve got a DVD movie which 'Identifier says ERROR : Unsupported Medium Detected and INFO : Disc Identification Requires DVD or Blu-Ray Recorder And Matching Media.

In that I succeeded in get the VOB’s decrypted and I can at least play the movie form my HD (better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick), might someone in the know, be able to recommend something towards getting one or both my optical drives to play the original DVD? Slim to none, is my guess.

I have the Philips LiteOn LVC-9006 and I currently use only my OEM supplied InterVideo WinDVD 5 player and was hoping that instead of the 'hit and miss’ing about by buying/trying Nero, etc., I was hoping that the *rack I found for the LiteOn might get me started on getting the shackles off my players.

But I don’t know how to use it. That, and I’m awfully wary of trying it anyway as I hear they’re often what amounts to a virus perpetrated by defenders of the shackle holder’s interests. Plus I hear that the thing will likely only work for awhile, and in some cases the user could end up with a useless player, no/yes?

If anyone can afford the time to share their expertise, off line messaging would likely be best I’m guessing.

And if it’s easier/safer to get a blue ray product, can anyone recommend one?

Lastly, maybe all I need is the ‘matching media’, but then is this even possible with the DVD being unidentified?

I’ve got a DVD movie which 'Identifier says ERROR : Unsupported Medium Detected and INFO : Disc Identification Requires DVD or Blu-Ray Recorder And Matching Media.

In that I succeeded in get the VOB’s decrypted and I can at least play the movie form my HD (better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick), might someone in the know, be able to recommend something towards getting one or both my optical drives to play the original DVD? Slim to none, is my guess.

I have the Philips LiteOn LVC-9006 and I currently use only my OEM supplied InterVideo WinDVD 5 player and was hoping that instead of the 'hit and miss’ing about by buying/trying Nero, etc., I was hoping that the *rack I found for the LiteOn might get me started on getting the shackles off my players.

But I don’t know how to use it. That, and I’m awfully wary of trying it anyway as I hear they’re often what amounts to a virus perpetrated by defenders of the shackle holder’s interests. Plus I hear that the thing will likely only work for awhile, and in some cases the user could end up with a useless player, no/yes?

If anyone can afford the time to share their expertise, off line messaging would likely be best I’m guessing.

And if it’s easier/safer to get a blue ray product, can anyone recommend one?

Lastly, maybe all I need is the ‘matching media’, but then is this even possible with the DVD being unidentified?