DVDFlick was at one time a good, free program for conversion of various types of video files to dvd-video. The original author abandoned the program a few years ago, and most of the people who were using it have switched over to AVStoDVD.
But DVDFlick was an open source project, and someone else has taken the source code and made a new fork with two new releases so far.
The latest release has some much needed improvements. Here is the changelog:
Version 220.127.116.11 v2
- Added: Two-pass encoding which improves quality a lot for lower bitrate video encodings
- Added: VOB files as supported input files
- Changed: Enabled resampling of audio files with more than 2 channels
- Changed: Removed default -160ms delay for audio tracks
- Fixed: Adjusted channel layout map for recent FFmpeg (fixes 0 channels detected)
- Fixed: Adjusted aspect ratio detection for recent FFmpeg (fixes wrong AR for some video files e.g. VOB)
- Fixed: Adjusted fps detection for recent FFmpeg (fixes wrong fps for some video files e.g. WMV)
- Fixed: Enabled all audio codecs
And here is the official site of this new branch of DVDFlick: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdflick-v2/