DVDFab's new release with Blue-Ray support

This is to inform is for all users that don’t have a Blue-Ray drive installed on their system.

Starting with this new beta release, it installs the the support for Blue-ray backups however it also starts the 30 day trial at the same time…SO…you are either forced to hurry and buy one …OR… you forfit your trial period, in other words when you finally get a BR drive you don’t get a trial period.

So guess no more updates unless you want to give up the trial period

There were many other routes they could have taken. I feel that this BD option should be a separate program just like VideoFab. It could have been called BDFab.

:iagree: I agree with you 100%, I like many others will have to without any more updates or else spend $$$ just to have a trial period, in my books that’s not right or fair.

Agree 100% should be a separate program as myseld I’m not about to spend big bucks on any BD stuff when just plain ole dvd works fine for me, so Fengtao please keep the lifetime updates for those of us who rate them for DVDFAB Plat & Gold

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2226773]There were many other routes they could have taken. I feel that this BD option should be a separate program just like VideoFab. It could have been called BDFab.[/QUOTE]

Ah! But then [B]not as many Guinea pigs[/B] would bite would they. Some, like me, would not install it until its fully functional and is at least useful.

WHy isn’t it useful (yet) for me?

1. Does not remove protection (yet).
  2. Cannot compress (yet),
  3. No BD+ handling (yet).

Nonetheless, there might be a few who would want to back-up their “own” BD disk originals, but with BD (50GB) blank prices still high at the moment there won’t be as many as those who do their “own” DVD backups.

What someone like me would install this new option for would be the ability to recode to DVD or MP4.

So, again, to cut a long story short. It seems the business model used here is similar to MS. Let your users do the testing, see how it installs in the many, many systems out there. The more testers the better. Then we can sell them the registration if they still want it LOL!

Make it an optional seperate install and regain credibility, Fab!

[quote=StormJumper;2226769]This is to inform is for all users that don’t have a Blue-Ray drive installed on their system.

Starting with this new beta release, it installs the the support for Blue-ray backups however it also starts the 30 day trial at the same time…SO…you are either forced to hurry and buy one …OR… you forfit your trial period, in other words when you finally get a BR drive you don’t get a trial period.

So guess no more updates unless you want to give up the trial period[/quote]

So does it mean that the free lifetime upgrade that we were promised with previous paid versions was cleverly done away with by the inclusion of BD in this new version ? If so, that stinks!

This is exactly why, I always wait a day or two (sometimes longer), before updating any SW…Thanks for the info!..

Thanks for the heads up StormJumper.

I have just read Fengtao’s statement about this issue, and I see he is going to fix the the trial period starting point for non blue-ray users so we won’t lose our trial period :clap::clap::clap:

@Fengtao :bow:
When I can get a Blue-Ray drive I will try it and most likely will buy it, I do have the lifetime for the Platinum and hopefully you will offer the same for Blue-Ray for the users that do have the lifetime registration :bigsmile:

StormJumper :flower::flower:

Dear all,

We will reset your trial time of Blu-ray Option and MoveFab Option in next update, and only count it when you actually use it, so you don’t need worry about it.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[quote=fengtao;2227096]Dear all,

We will reset your trial time of Blu-ray Option and MoveFab Option in next update, and only count it when you actually use it, so you don’t need worry about it.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/quote]
:bigsmile: You truly are a man with heart :flower::flower::flower:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2227084]I have just read Fengtao’s statement about this issue, and I see he is going to fix the the trial period starting point for non blue-ray users so we won’t lose our trial period :clap::clap::clap:

@Fengtao :bow:
When I can get a Blue-Ray drive I will try it and most likely will buy it, I do have the lifetime for the Platinum and hopefully you will offer the same for Blue-Ray for the users that do have the lifetime registration :bigsmile:

StormJumper :flower::flower:[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I too have the lifetime updates and it would be great to have it for Blu Ray as well.