DVDFabDecrypter hangs on install and click to open

vbimport

After version 4102 I noticed when I installed FabHDDecrypter and with the new 5000 version it would hang at the end of the install and after maybe 30 - 45 seconds finally close or I would have to X out. After installed and I click the Icon it takes 30 seconds or more for the program to open. Then with the 5000 version after clicking the FabHDDevrypter choice it takes another 5 - 10 seconds to open.
After reading the disc I get an illegal operation / close program error . DVDFab has caused a page fault and will close the program. So it wont work even after the long wait.
When I use version 4102 it opens immediately and all is well.
Anyone know of a reason why versions (the last few or any after vs.4102 ) would hang on the install and take so long to open after clicking the .exe icon to open?
I thought it was just 4120 but it also is now doing it with vs. 5000.
Something is off somewhere but I dont know of anything else to try or check.
I thought maybe a bad download and tried another place to D/L but no change.
Open to all opinions or “try this”. Anything anyone wants me to try I will.
Thank you for your time with a reply.
Jonn

[QUOTE=Jonn;2044027]After version 4102 I noticed when I installed FabHDDecrypter and with the new 5000 version it would hang at the end of the install and after maybe 30 - 45 seconds finally close or I would have to X out. After installed and I click the Icon it takes 30 seconds or more for the program to open. Then with the 5000 version after clicking the FabHDDevrypter choice it takes another 5 - 10 seconds to open.
After reading the disc I get an illegal operation / close program error . DVDFab has caused a page fault and will close the program. So it wont work even after the long wait.
When I use version 4102 it opens immediately and all is well.
Anyone know of a reason why versions (the last few or any after vs.4102 ) would hang on the install and take so long to open after clicking the .exe icon to open?
I thought it was just 4120 but it also is now doing it with vs. 5000.
Something is off somewhere but I dont know of anything else to try or check.
I thought maybe a bad download and tried another place to D/L but no change.Open to all opinions or “try this”. Anything anyone wants me to try I will.
Thank you for your time with a reply.
Jonn[/QUOTE]

There is only one legitimate place to download from so I assume you are using “crack versions”. Buy the real one and it will work just fine.

jethro I think you made a mistake. dvdfab HD decryptor is freeware. Jonn what is your anti virus software? Some anti virus software interfere with the install. Do a clean uninstall which you can find the directions on how in stormjumpers signature. Search the forum for a post by him. After the clean uninstall redownload and install but disable your antivirus and hopefully this fixes your problem

GJ, with all due respect there is only one legit place to download the app from…other places…cracks and hacks

check out Doom9 website under downloads ripping descrambling tools. dvdfab decryptor has a download along with others

You read his post your way I read it mine…Doom9 is a straight link to Fengtaos web site.
DVDFab Decrypter 3.0.5.0 is not any of the versions he is talking about.

Personelly, if I don’t download my updates from this site, at the top of this forum’s main page, I go here to update http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm. ~ Mike

First to the guy who insists I use crack versions…why would or how would you use a crack version of a [B]FREE[/B] program.
I said I was using DVDFabHDDecrypter. I have always D/l’ed it from DVD_idle/free from the link from “Video_Help.com” or from here lately. So read before jumping in with useless information and accusations please.
I have seen it at Majorgeeks_com also. There is more than one place.
Anyway to the problem.
GJ…my antivirus is Avast 4.7 home edition. I have D/L’ed probably 40 versions and this is the first times it has happened. I always close all programs before installs but will check the antivirus and see if something might be running in the background the Ctrl/Alt/Delete doesn’t show.
I’ll go now to try to find stormjumpers how to on the uninstall and try again. Thanks for that info.
Still open to any helpful suggestions. Will report back on the info from GJ.
Thanks again for that.
Jonn

Ok, now it is getting just plain weird.
I uninstalled everything all program files and everything listed in stormjumpers guide and everything related to DVDFab5000 even the download and cleaned the registry.
Here’s the weird part when I clicked on the link to re-download… it immediately said download was complete. Took about a second for the whole 6 plus MB file… And it had the same problem trying to get it installed.
I even tried to save it to another place but immediately pops up download complete and uses the old download. Where in the world is this file installed on my computer (Win98SE). IF I deleted the download and all the files with a complete uninstall including the registry how is this file still on my conputer and more important where could it be hiding?
I would like the creator of the program to let me know if his software is hiding somewhere on my computer preventing another download?
Anyone got a clue?
Thanks for any help because as of now version 5000 has totally locked out any more downloads of the file and I dont like that.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Jonn

Oh I even tried to save it to my second hard drive and it did the same thing. This is just too weird. It could not be on my “D” Drive but it will not let me download it to the D Drive. (I use my “C” drive for all downloads) but this is on both drives now. How, anyone?

[quote=Jonn;2044672]Ok, now it is getting just plain weird.
I uninstalled everything all program files and everything listed in stormjumpers guide and everything related to DVDFab5000 even the download and cleaned the registry.
Here’s the weird part when I clicked on the link to re-download… it immediately said download was complete. Took about a second for the whole 6 plus MB file… And it had the same problem trying to get it installed.
I even tried to save it to another place but immediately pops up download complete and uses the old download. Where in the world is this file installed on my computer (Win98SE). IF I deleted the download and all the files with a complete uninstall including the registry how is this file still on my conputer and more important where could it be hiding?
I would like the creator of the program to let me know if his software is hiding somewhere on my computer preventing another download?
Anyone got a clue?
Thanks for any help because as of now version 5000 has totally locked out any more downloads of the file and I dont like that.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Jonn

Oh I even tried to save it to my second hard drive and it did the same thing. This is just too weird. It could not be on my “D” Drive but it will not let me download it to the D Drive. (I use my “C” drive for all downloads) but this is on both drives now. How, anyone?[/quote]
Did you reboot after the clean uninstall

Yes GJ, I did reboot afte each function.
I cant see how in the world this is on my "D"drive when I never download on the drive. I only use my “C” drive for downloads.
Now I cant download again to see if it was a bad download. I cleaned everything until nothing concerning DVDFAb was left on my computer or regestry but it’s still hiding somewhere…
Thanks for the reminder,
Jonn

:flower:downloading & trying to remove cracked /infected versions is such fun :flower:

where did you download from ( so we don’t make the same mistake:)

Jonn, just to let you know, I also use AVAST but, updated to 4.8. I also am using the lastest version of Fab 5, no problem I am going to get the platinum today (pay) will post if I find a problem. Good Luck
Larry

To all posting keep in mind he is using 98SE

I miss read post 9. I not have windows 98 and don`t know if it the same as XP or VISTA

[QUOTE=cybmole;2045396]:flower:downloading & trying to remove cracked /infected versions is such fun :flower:

where did you download from ( so we don’t make the same mistake:)[/QUOTE]
Hey Einstein How do you download a free program from cracked versions.
Why would you when it is free? Can you understand “FREE”? I am tired of the accusations such as this and call on the mod to perform action to the poster a warning to stop it.
I downloaded it from this site 'CDFreaks" so any slander you make you are making towards this forum. And if it were my board I would make sure you didnt waste space here again.
Grow up and be productive or stay out of my threads.
Jonn