DVDFab9 crashes after inserting media after copying to Temp

vbimport

Since about a month ago, DVDFab 9 (all updates) has been crashing just after I insert blank media to burn after it copied the movie to the Temp folder. Sometimes it just closes, other times I get a BSOD.

It’s not the burner, It happens with any burner I use.

But when I use DVDFab 8 there’s no problem.

I’ve been in an exchange of emails with the support people at DVDFab.com, and have followed all of their suggestions. But none of them fixes this.

Maybe it’s a conflict with another application that was installed, but then why would it work OK with 8?

I’m wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if so, how it was fixed.

That’s an odd one and if it is a software conflict it could be hard to track down.

What burn engine are you using?

[B]Wombler[/B]

If your LAN connection is weak , this will happen.

I’ve never installed a version 9 & don’t intend to unless I have to.
I don’t like the phone home aspect .
I posted that I thought this problem could be caused by this.
I thought maybe the firewall was blocking the phone home but I guess a “dropped” connection could do that as well . I think that is what alan means.

[QUOTE=cholla;2689790]I’ve never installed a version 9 & don’t intend to unless I have to.
I don’t like the phone home aspect .
I posted that I thought this problem could be caused by this.
I thought maybe the firewall was blocking the phone home but I guess a “dropped” connection could do that as well . I think that is what alan means.[/QUOTE]
You are right on cholla.:wink:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2689763]What burning engine…?
[/QUOTE]

I tried with both VSO and ImgBurn. Same for both.

[QUOTE=cholla;2689790]I’ve never installed a version 9 & don’t intend to unless I have to.
[/QUOTE]

But what do we do when a new copy protection comes out that 8 doesn’t know about?

I haven’t seen any updates for 8 for a while.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2689911]But what do we do when a new copy protection comes out that 8 doesn’t know about?

I haven’t seen any updates for 8 for a while.[/QUOTE]
That’s why you need Version 9. Version 8 is no longer updated.

I think the latest update fixes a crash problem. You can try a clean install using latest DVDFab9 to see if will work

If not then need logfiles

[QUOTE=AGJ;2689914]I think the latest update fixes a crash problem. You can try a clean install using latest DVDFab9 to see if will work

If not then need logfiles[/QUOTE]

I’m using the latest (9.0.4.5) after a clean install.

Here’s the process log:
Analyzing of DVD started: 19:42:26
Analyzing of DVD completed successfully: 19:42:26
Copy process started: 19:42:26
Task_1 failed! Error=400(): 19:42:26

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2689911]But what do we do when a new copy protection comes out that 8 doesn’t know about?

I haven’t seen any updates for 8 for a while.[/QUOTE]

I’m using the competition software . Even it has a phone home part of the program but AFIK it is only used for blu ray.

I can be offline & still use the competition software.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2690009]I’m using the latest (9.0.4.5) after a clean install.

Here’s the process log:
Analyzing of DVD started: 19:42:26
Analyzing of DVD completed successfully: 19:42:26
Copy process started: 19:42:26
Task_1 failed! Error=400(): 19:42:26[/QUOTE]

Hmmm… error 400 is a transcoder error and there are several things that can cause this.

When you say ‘clean install’ did you use something like CCleaner to clear out the DVDFab entries from the registry?

Also when you reinstalled did you right click and run as admin?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2690086] When you say ‘clean install’ did you use something like CCleaner to clear out the DVDFab entries from the registry?

Also when you reinstalled did you right click and run as admin?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I eliminated all traces of DVDFab, using CCleaner. I also uninstalled all versions of 8 (I had a pre-QT and the latest QT), and cleaned up all traces of those, in case some conflict with 8 might have caused the problem.

Then 9.0.4.6 came out, so I installed it, run as administrator. [I]The problem still exists[/I].

Now that an update to 8 has arrived, I’m using that.

But I’d like to fix the problem with 9, since we may not see updates for 8 in the future.

Could be a bad rip perhaps.

Does this happen with every disc you rip or just one?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2691770]Could be a bad rip perhaps.
Does this happen with every disc you rip or just one?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, with every kind of media and every mode.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2692131]Yes, with every kind of media and every mode.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer there.

What I meant was does this occur with any original DVD or just the one you’re currently trying to copy?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2692164]…does this occur with any original DVD or just the one you’re currently trying to copy?
[/QUOTE]

It occurs with any movie or original DVD that I try to copy.

It copies the movie (any movie) to the hard drive temp folder, then it asks for media to be inserted. It goes through the analysis of the new media and then it stops - either just closes or gives me the BSOD and I have to reboot.

Each time I d/l the latest version the problem is still there. (Everything works fine with 8)

This is a really weird one and I’ve never come across this before.

All I can suggest in the meantime is that you burn separately and see if that works but it would be nice to get a proper fix.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Look at your event viewer and it should tell you whats causing the BSOD