Hi jdbower and Members:
Thanks for the tip but I don’t think it is the hard drive.
[B][U]F.Y.I. and Short Version [/U][/B]
I had several major corruption errors when trying to convert using the [B]File to Mobile[/B] option with the [B]Generic and Zune formats[/B].
I used several small video files under 8 minutes (cartoons) that are in mp4, avi and wmv formats and tried to convert to either .avi xvid or wmv (Zune) format.
Example: mp4 to generic, wmv to generic, mp4 to Zune, avi to Zune.
Sadly they all failed. I could not access these files at all. I had to remove the entire “Generic” folder from my system.
[li]The avi to Zune (wmv) crashed and gave a corruption/error message (Error Signature) and closed down DVDFab.
[li]I proceeded to do a complete clean install of DVD Fab 6 and ConvertX to DVD because it also uses the same pcouffin software. Wiped everything off my system completely to do with both these softwares.
[li]I downloaded the software for DVDFab 6 and it was corrupted. I then went back to my e-mail and used that download and it appeared to install without incidence.
[li]I tried again but more crashes and errors.
[li]DVDFab converted the file but when I tried to access the files they were corrupted. Could not view media information (blank), could not hover over top of them with my mouse because it set off explorer.exe running at 50 to 70%.
[li]Had to call Microsoft – explorer.exe was corrupted by the program. Had to remove all of the errors and corruptions from the registry. System seems to be running more smoothly.
[li]After cleaning up the registry.
[li]I went back again and tried to convert two files: wmv to generic xvid and it crashed (FabCore and codec error reports); and,
[li]the avi to Zune took about 17 minutes to convert but kept running 97.8% and wouldn’t stop. Had to manually stop the program.
[li]However, the program continued to run in the background (DVDFabCore) at 50% CPU and wouldn’t stop. Had to reboot my computer in order to stop it from running.
[li]Also, received the Microsoft error reporting messages for DVDFabCore and codecs dll problems when the DVDFab failed to convert.
[B][U]I’ve now stopped using that portion of the program and will have to check to see if other parts are affected too.[/U][/B]
DVDFab Technical Support have all my e-mails concerning the problem. I do hope they find a solution to this serious “bug” or “corruption”.
DVDFab 5 was running fine. All my problems started with the new version of DVDFab6 and the additional options of File to Mobile. So something is definitely wrong.
In the meantime, I hope it hasn’t destroyed my Registry because I will then have to do a complete clean install of my entire computer.
Not a happy camper!